YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Hi there
I am looking for some help to vote a superb natural wonder as Britain's Finest. The only publicity that caving ever seems to receive is the negative stuff!  Let's try and subtly do something for the sport that presents the activity, the environment, in a positive light. Dan yr Ogof is a stunningly beautiful cave system and I would hope that you can find a couple of seconds to vote. The instructions are below.You can access details of show cave on  Showcaves www.showcaves.co.uk to have a look for yourself.

Dan-yr-Ogof Caves.

Britain's Finest Natural Wonder.

Help one of Wales' oldest tourists attractions and newest National Nature Reserve win the title of....

Britain's Finest Natural Wonder.

your vote can be registered by :-

phoning 09013 838515
calls cost 25p from a BT land line

Text- Vote 15 to 80088

or

vote online- Radio Times  www.radiotimes.com/britainsfinest
Important note- your vote can only be placed on Tuesday 13th April through to Sunday 25th

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Gareth mate,

your link to the site aint working!

And please, moderate your language ("Dan Yr Ogof "), there are women and children on this site!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Can't understand whats happening with the links. I'm sure I've done it correctly & the edit is only shoing the correct address but it's throwing the yorkshire divers address in as well.

Andy is this a forum script problem or am I having a blonde brain overload moment?

gareth (it's not grey - it's blonde):p

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Imported post

Dan Yr Ogof caves were a standard junior school trip.  It was those in the morning and the now closed wildlife park in the afternoon.  Not having been there for a very long time though i cant recall anything about them other than whenever we turned up some passages were always closed due to high water levels following rain:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Britain's finest, I really hope not, I remember being more impressed by the plastic dinosaurs outside. Well I was about 8. All the same, I can't but think there must be finer natural wonders in Britain. But can't really remember anything other than being shut by rain either so everyone should ignore me and take a look at the site.

I remember Penscynor Wildlife park though, it was great because it had a tobogan thing (and one imagines some wildlife but can't be certain on that point).

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Iestyn @ April 14 2004,01:52)]Britain's finest, I really hope not, I remember being more impressed by the plastic dinosaurs outside. Well I was about 8. All the same, I can't but think there must be finer natural wonders in Britain. But can't really remember anything other than being shut by rain either so everyone should ignore me and take a look at the site.
Well you were only 8. It truly is a wonderful place, I think if you were to revisit you would change your opinion.

I've taken both my daughter and nephew last summer and they had a wonderful time just doing the public routes. Mind you I think at 4 they were more impressed by the dinosaurs in particular the prehistoric crocodile.

gareth

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (beanie @ April 14 2004,11:11)]you need the http:// in front of www. god that makes me fell geeky
<font color='#000F22'>Got it thanks.

Original post now edited correctly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts