YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I don't know if this has already been picked up, apologies to yourselves and DD if so.

I heard tonight that Dangerous Diver has spent a few days at one of the local chambers as a result of an incident last w/e.

Hopefully he will post soon to tell us all is well.

best wishes DD

Adrian

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Amen to that, brother Adrian - a speedy recovery and God's speed to Giles (DD).

I'm checking into this, but initial reports suggest that after a spell with the DDRC, young Giles has been requested to 'refrain' from diving for a period of 3 months - this obviously puts him out of consideration for ANY Troops Gigs for that period.

What's in a name?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

Giles mate that the second time you take care..  Look's like I  have to get another buddy for the SETT dive  

Hope your back in the water soon

Sean

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

Thankyou all very much for your support.

I had 3 treatments at the DDRC

table 6 usualy 5 1/2 hurs but extended to 6 ish

and 2 14M tables during the routine treatments that the DDRC perform.

Diagnosed with a type 1 neuro bend.  I have a medical in 3 months and will know what is happening then. They say I will probably have a Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) check after that and needless to say I will get surgery if it is the case that I have a hole.

I am not a happy chappy as you can probably understand and I am just taking it slow.  I am also considering selling my kit to reduce temptation and the agrevation of having it sat in the corner.

the DDRC were excelent and are now trying to find out how i can get 2 'undeserved bends' in less than 12 months.

thanks for your support

DD

P.s. Also I now know what happens when you have a cold and you sneeze in an oxygen hood  

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Glad to hear that your on the mend, I hope the 3 month break wont drive you too crazy.
Whilst you are on your enforced brek from diving, is this not the Ideal time to have the PFO check done? then if you have one you can have it all fixed etc during this time and not have to spend any longer than required out of the water.

Good Luck
Simon A

·
1,106 Posts
Imported post

that would seem logical but the doctor doesn't think that and when they are booking your appointment you are preaty f****d I may not dive for 12 months out of my own choice anyway.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Glad to hear you're on the mend squire!

Any chance you can post your dive profile here for us Giles? Be interesting and educational for the troops?!

Take care mate.

·
1,106 Posts
Imported post

just a quick change of avitar....Doug will understand  

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

I've seen it more from the inside. Gets boring after a week and they won't let you have a ***.

I've just phoned them to sort out my medical, i forgot to mention that once you've been bent you can't self certificate and have to get a proper medical. The bad news for me is that my appointment is with Fiona and she picks on me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dangerous Diver @ Mar. 04 2004,14:00)]that would seem logical but the doctor doesn't think that and when they are booking your appointment you are preaty f****d I may not dive for 12 months out of my own choice anyway.
I guess our w/end wreck diving on the MV CICALA out of Falmouth next month is off then!

Sorry to hear the bad news. I had a buddy who while we were on the manicles 2 years ago, had a hit and spent 2weeks in DDRC. That  turned out to be a PFO, luckily he was on BUPA and he went into have it done FOC.

When you do feel like getting back in the water, I'll be more than happy to join you for a plod around the DDRC, in the meantime you've got all those shallow sumps, to explore, or you can pop over to south wales for the dry ones.

gareth.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Giles MAte

Hope you are feeling better, wanna tell us how it happened?
No base jumping while you are off diving please!!!
Jules

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imported post

hi and sorry to hear about your bend....if they can tell you why you have had 2 "undeserved" bends will you please tell me....cos I alsohave confounded medical science with 3 completely undeserved bends in 5 months. I have 2 seperate tests for a pfo and am told that I catagorically haven't got one....they do not know why , after nearly 1000 dives I should suddenly start getting bent....please tell me what happens ..and good luck:(

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

DD
Glad to see you safe and sound. Three months is not so bad, it is cold in Britain right now!

moray

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Giles,

Very sorry to hear that you had a spell 'inside' the pot. Josie and I wish you the very best of health and hope to meet up again soon, obviously not to dive, whilst your refraining
. I was reading a peice on Divernet recently which said that Bends were most atributable to a PFO. Link. Some of the posters here might not have been as unforgiving as I am but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as to the cause of your bends. No names no packdrill.

Take care and use this time to study hard for exams and 'stuff'. All the best mate.

Dave C & Josie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts