YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave Wallace (of Dive Dorset) is truly a top bloke... and this time he has no embarrassing photos, I really do mean it.

Your driving London to Portland the night before a 3 day course, far to late to turn back - what do you *really* not want to realise you've forgotten? Yep, with a chill it dawns that my drysuit is in the cupboard at home :(

Sameday courier quote - £150+VAT :(

Anywhere hire drysuits in Portland? Don't think so :(

So I'm going to attempt TDI Advanced Nitrox + Deco Procedures course in a hired semi by the look of it. What a pratt I am :(

Skip to Sunday evening, challenging and very enjoyable course behind us - thanks Mark Powell, another top bloke :thumbsup: - made possible for me by Dave Wallace of Dive Dorset who lent me his own drysuit. Dave, I can't thank you enough mate :thumbsup: :)

Go and spend all your divinq spondoolies at this man's businesses at Portland - Dive Dorset, Hotel Aqua, and Underwater Explorers :thumbsup:

I'm off to buy a stage :)

Dave.

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... and fatter in the neck, now you mention it Dave :D

Yep, chuffed to say AntP, GCParris + I all passed :) Despite getting the jump on our Gremlins/Mark+Fin by having a genuine lost deco gas (leaking HP hose) before they could simulate anything :D

All thoroughly enjoyed it - top weekend, even the weather and latter viz were spot on :)

Cheers,
Dave.

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PS Gareth (GCParris) is offering free money to whoever recovers his Kent Tooling ratchet reel, (left handed, pink line) + Buddy auto blob (black G + Solas tape on) bungied together still, somewhere near the Moidart - ouch!

·
Registered
564 Posts
... and fatter in the neck, now you mention it Dave :D

Yep, chuffed to say AntP, GCParris + I all passed :) Despite getting the jump on our Gremlins/Mark+Fin by having a genuine lost deco gas (leaking HP hose) before they could simulate anything :D

All thoroughly enjoyed it - top weekend, even the weather and latter viz were spot on :)

Cheers,
Dave.

Yeah it was a great weekend, and my word, how we all laughed about Dave forgetting his drysuit. Viz was incredible on Sat and Sun compared to the 20cm that we had on Friday. The Moidart looked like a fantastic wreck as well, even if absolutely everything possible went wrong on ascent ;)

Cheers, Ant

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Yeah it was a great weekend, and my word, how we all laughed about Dave forgetting his drysuit. Viz was incredible on Sat and Sun compared to the 20cm that we had on Friday. The Moidart looked like a fantastic wreck as well, even if absolutely everything possible went wrong on ascent ;)

Cheers, Ant
Not strictly speaking true, you survived :)
Well done guys and Dave (Wallace) for the loan of his suit, handy it had DAVE writ large across the back???

Matt

·
Registered
225 Posts
And finally a note from the third of the threesome.

Dave (Wallace) thank you for sorting Dave's dry suit out and for the excellant facilities down there in Portland. :teeth:

Also a thank you to Mark Powell for running such an excellant, challenging and thoroughly enjoyable TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures course. :teeth:

If anyone does happen to dive the Moidart anytime soon, and they also happen to find my Kent Tooling Reel and Beaver SMBi bungeed to it with a big G on the top with Solas tape somewhere slightly north of the bow (it ain't going anywhere as must weight about 2kg!) then I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me or drop it into the Aqua hotel for me to pick up next time I am down there.

Gareth

(...also off to buy a stage...)

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts
If anyone does happen to dive the Moidart anytime soon, and they also happen to find my Kent Tooling Reel and Beaver SMBi bungeed to it with a big G on the top with Solas tape somewhere slightly north of the bow (it ain't going anywhere as must weight about 2kg!) then I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me or drop it into the Aqua hotel for me to pick up next time I am down there.

Gareth

(...also off to buy a stage...)
If any body does find this reel evern in 50 years time at least you will know it will still work though you may have to change the line

Gareth i have sent you an e-mail regarding this disaster of yours

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.