YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi, my name is Michael and i am from Germany. Been diving in Scapa and Weymouth, Portland, Looe. Other spots are french caves, Italy, and the US. Interested in wrecks and caves.
My diving i would subscribe "at the end of the sport-diving levels". Please excuse my school-english !

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Hallo Micha!

Ihr Schule Englisch ist vermutlich weit besser als mein Deutscher!

Willkommen zu den Yorkshire Tauchern!

(Drifty reverts to Bad English)

Glad to see we now have a Teutonic representative. And a DIR lover as well - step foward Davey Willo and bow to this man..... Seriously, it's great to have someone of your experience on board and I'm sure you will have some great tales and advice for us (and we for you maybe?). Look foward to your postings.

Nice site, I suggest the non-German speakers click HERE to read about Micha's cave "dipping" - oh the humor of Babelfish........

(Edited by Driftwood at 11:01 am on Dec. 31, 2002)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Yeah welcome Michael to Yorkshire Divers, I've been having a good look around your website.. very impressive indeed, it's a pity though that the translator program that you used was not up to the challenge as it's very difficut to understand what the captions to the photographs are trying to say.

It's great to have a DIR advocate on board and I hope to see you on one of our planned excursions in 2003

Best regards
Dave (budding DIR advocate) ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks Driftwood and Dave for the warm welcome !
Hmmm maybe i should translate my website into english...
Babelfish is doing horrible things sometimes ;-)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Michael,

Willkommen to YD!!

Please let us know when you're coming over to the UK and we'll try and meet up for a dive. Great website you've got there.

No need to apologise for your English - it's 400% better than Drifty's German ;) Look forward to reading your postings on here.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

It's not his English Bren, its those mad translators like Bablefish that do crazy things during the translation itself... I'm sure Mikes English (like most Europeans) will be excellent.

·
Membership Cancelled
980 Posts
Imported post

Hello Wally :)

When are we going to get together for some hot British Sump action then....!

Nice to have you aboard as I've just joined myself.

Happy 2003

Duncan

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Hi Duncan,

yes we should ! I am sure i would pee in my pants in those caves ;-)
Hey, you need your cool Avatar here !

A good 2003 and to all YD divers...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts