YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi

Forgive my doubts, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Here is the plan for next weekend

Saturday. 2 Dives (PADI Dry suit speciality)
Sunday. 2 Dives (Deep and Wreck Dives to conclude PADI AOW)

Tuesday. Fly from UK to other side of planet. Erk, I'd fogotten about that.

Basically, will I be ok to fly? I understand that it depends on my actual dive profile, but as a general guideline is 45 hours or so enough?

Cheers for any advice

Gareth

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

Yep I reckon 45hrs will be enough. The general rule is no flying for 24hrs after diving.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Dan I seem to remember You and I stitting on a plane drinking gallons of water and doing neuro tests about every 15mins about 24 hours after a couple of rather deep air dives.

I ached all over after a weeks diving and lugging twin sets about on shore dives so I had no idea if I was bent or not.

All good fun

Not

ATB

Mark Chase

PS 48 hours is no problem as long as you arnt bent getting out of the water on the last dive.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Gareth.
( Instructor head on here )

You really should know this one and if unsure look at your RDP and the answer is on there. There is a slight change now in that multiple repetetive dives and deep dives it is recommended you allow 18hrs. My advice would be allow 24hrs.

Have fun wherever you are off to.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

That had to be the worst plane flight I have ever been on. Silly thing is we went and did the same thing 6 months later

·
Registered
73 Posts
Imported post

I do a lot of long haul and try to leave 48 hours between doing serious diving and flying.
I will dive the day before on occasion but it will be on a good nitrox mix and not too deep or just very shallow.  And I also check the no fly time on my computer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts