YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi there,

I'm a Yorkshireman by birth (from the now occupied territory of Hull), currently living as an exile in Surrey. First dive was last summer (try-dive on holiday in Tenerife), since which my wife and I did our PADI OW back in Tenerife a few months later. This year we did our first diving in the UK, starting at our local Wraysbury (convenient, but starting to get boring) and working up to a week in Cornwall in July.

I'm currently looking around for something nice and easy for us to dive on this bank holiday weekend - Selsey lifeboat pier is looking favourite at the moment. Given that slack water there is quoted as 12.11 on Monday, what's the likely window of opportunity for diving the pier - i.e. should we enter the water at 12.11 on the dot, or arrange the dive to centre on 12.11...?

Cheers,
Darren

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Darren,
              Welcome to YD and waiting to upload an avatar is as pi** poor an excuse for lurking as I've ever heard

I don't know how deep the pier is but I always try and time slack for when I'm doing the ascent. This is the time where you need to hang about for longest so it just makes life that wee bit easier if you're not fluttering about.
 Get fired in and as they say(or Bren does anyway) "The daftest question is the one you never asked".

Peter

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Darren,

Welcome aboard YD mate. As Peter rightly says, please feel free to get in amongst it and ask away - we'll certainly help where we can.

Sorry, south-coast and inland sites south not really my metier, but we do have the skills and experience of Matt Binnie, Lou, Mdemon, Paul Oliver, Dominic et al and a ruck of others here who are native-ish to the area and can either give advice or form part of a buddy group on a southern YD Troop Gig (Planned Trip) which you might want to join.

Hope this helps and see ya in the wet sometime!

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts