YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A VR3 is sent back to Delta P with a fault. It’s giving incorrect information. Delta P ‘looses’ it for 3 months although there is proof of delivery. The owner – not me in this instance- gets a bit annoyed with this and ups the pressure on them. Then suddenly it’s found, not fixed yet just found, later the same day they have bad news. The faults are terminal it can’t be repaired but a new one is available at a discount. The ‘discount’ by the way is the same price you can buy it if you shop around.

Is it just me or does this all sound a bit dubious.

·
www.finingaround.co.uk
1,826 Posts
A VR3 is sent back to Delta P with a fault. It’s giving incorrect information. Delta P ‘looses’ it for 3 months although there is proof of delivery. The owner – not me in this instance- gets a bit annoyed with this and ups the pressure on them. Then suddenly it’s found, not fixed yet just found, later the same day they have bad news. The faults are terminal it can’t be repaired but a new one is available at a discount. The ‘discount’ by the way is the same price you can buy it if you shop around.

I would ask for my faulty one to be returned to me and await the responce

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts

I have had excellent, if slightly slow, service from Delta P most recently when my VR3 died at depth - flooded. They replaced display and circuit board for the cost of a "health check" - £80 odd or so. I was expecting £ 100's
It was then 15 months old so out of warranty.

I would be surprised if they are being underhand but ...

·
Bashing head against brick wall
2,105 Posts
Delta P

I can only say that whilst service has been a bit slow sometimes the actual customer service from Delta P has been first rate. Mine has been back twice and on both occasions they have given me a level of service far better than I expected. Last time it went in for an upgrade to 2007v software they also replaced the board as they had found an issue with it, at no cost to myself. They did however, manage to lose my original battery and replace it with one that looked like it had gone three rounds with Mike Tyson!

I'd be inclined give them the benefit of the doubt as they are the only people who can fix these computers, but attempt to negotiate a better deal than the one currently on offer. It's easy to point out the price which you can actually obtain one for on the open market and work downwards from there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, any idea what fault could possibly render a VR3 unrepairable. Even if it needs new components it should be possible to get it going again. Experience posted so far seems to indicate thats the case.

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, any idea what fault could possibly render a VR3 unrepairable. Even if it needs new components it should be possible to get it going again. Experience posted so far seems to indicate thats the case.
As with mine all they used, I think, was the case and the pressure sensor.

Is it the current shape or one of the old ones. If the latter then spares may be unavailable.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
DeltaP service is probably the best

They repaired by VR3 - needed a new colour screen, service, pressure test - all for the price of the postage

And it came back with a brand new battery

Brilliant service

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts

yes it does sound odd but I think over the years most people have had good customer support. If it was me I would try an appeal the their better nature and blame them for the delay but ask for a better deal on the replacement.

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts