YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here ever dive Debdale Reservoirs, next to the big Audenshaw Res? I did, last time back in 1986, on the sly as it was prohibited back then, although not actually a water supply, just Manchester Corporation/NWWA being cnuts as usual. It was reasonably clear, 5 or 6m vis and ok for a try out of kit, surprisingly clean bottom, a few fish and 6 or 7m deep as I remember.

Do they officially allow diving in there yet?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Aquatech (my club, see the link below) are opposite Debdale park - I've not dived it yet for various reasons...

there is a yearly permit for any club wishing to dive in Debdale

however they are due to drain it to clean the bottom as there is a lot of silt in it, if you dive in there and kick it up the viz soon turns to sh1t

One of our instructors found an open safe in there a few years back.....

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:teeth:

Your travelling from Taz to dive a 7m deep resersvoir? Thiks must be bad at home. Why don't you try Capernwray there will be YDers there for you to say hi to?
Just curiosity really Dave. The only freshwater my gear now gets to see is when it's soaking in the 44 gall. plastic drum at the back of the house whilst I imbibe a pleasant G&T or set the crayfish to boil.

But rest assured that were I to make the return trip, Capenwray, Wraysbury and Vobster would be among my first ports of call. :angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts