YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

For those interested, I've been using these guys for the last two years for all my diving cover. And no, I'm not gettting paid for this, this is personal recommendation.

They have a depth limit of 'that to which you have been trained and certified', so none of your 30 metre guff when you want to do wrecks at 40, 50 etc. Local ordnances may have an effect on these rules, but check before you go.

£128.00 per year for two of us - not each!

http://www.divinginsuranceuk.com

They can also cover your Club/boat/RIB/engine too.

Hope it helps,

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Yep - have to agree with Bren, these guys are good and also very quick.  I used the web to sign up for their travel insurance on the Monday afternoon and had the documents by the Tuesday morning

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

I looked at these, but they don't seem to do actual UK cover, only cover for UK trips which is slightly different.  i used them for my holiday cover though.

The only problem with depth is that it is slightly open to interpretation...

"Q: What is the depth limit to which I may dive, and remain covered?

A: There is no set depth limit on our policy, other than you must at the time of an accident be diving in accordance with your qualifications for Sport Diving, and within the standard safety recommendations of either BSAC/PADI/SSAC/SAA and/or CFT."

So, if your TDI qualification qualified you to something, but it was *outside* the standard recommendations of the above (of which TDI are not one) then they would be able to wriggle out.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

I guess so since, strictly speaking most TDI courses (after advanced nitrox) are not 'sport diving'. Its always worth speaking with insurance companies and posing specific questions (try and speak to an underwriter and not the 16yr old Dorris who answers the phones).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts