YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi,

I've been using pro planner V7.00 for some time now, just to cut backup tables. I've recently been looking at V-Planner too.

What other software do you all use, and why?

Cheers

Rich

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Imported post

Deco planner - 'cos I was on the beta and have actually paid for it  

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nick Bown @ April 27 2004,15:47)]ProPlanner 'cos it works with the VR3.

DDPlanner 'cos its free and its interesting(ish) to compare the results with ProPlanner.
<font color='#000080'>What version of Pro Planner are you using.  V7 profiles don't look anything like the profile that my VR3 give me.  

Cheers

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (turbanator @ April 27 2004,15:45)]Deco planner - 'cos I was on the beta and have actually paid for it  
<font color='#000080'>Can you still get Deco Planner in beta, or eval, I'd quite like to take a look at it.

Cheers

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (beanie @ April 27 2004,15:50)]gap cause its free

and easy to use / adaptable

also jplan on the palm
I tried to download this but disk's 2-4 wouldn't unzip correctly so I use Z-plan for backup tables, as it's free.

I don't run up a lot of deco, so I feel this is adequate at the moment.

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

DDPlan for cutting range tables, Decoplanner for the sheer hell of it.... played with V-planner, but every time I've dived it, I feel "niggly".

When Im caving, Zplanner, it lets me stick in multiple levels far more easily than anything else.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Imported post

I'm looking at the different software available and I'd like to try the latest version of proplanner is it's similar to the VR3 algorithm does anyone have a copy I could try/have?

Cheers

Matt

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mdemon @ April 29 2004,17:56)]Decoplanner and Proplanner - still deciding which I like best.
<font color='#000080'>Is there anywhere that I could get a copy of deco planner from, I'd quite like to see it in use, before I sheel out my hard earned cash on it.

Rich

·
Registered
297 Posts
Z plan, was great sortware at the time+ it was free, the was made by William Smither's who sadly is no longer with us ( a great lost to diving), i have great respect for william, for the time that he gave up to wright zplan( and to his cat who he named it after) he made it so easy to use ,but it was made in 96/97, we have move on a lot since then, vplanner is its replacement, this is a very good pice of software but is not free, but unlike most deco software you can set your own ascent rate and it will work out your deco, it is not set at *.* per min
if you download this do reg it, you will then be able to use alll that is in this software.
safe diving
dave

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
V-Planner - mainly as it was recommended by some guys I respect and I have always felt comfortable with it.

Ian

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
V-planner because its a) easy to use, b) has a gegree of flexibility and c) the service for my $25 has been great (as when losing password, changing PCs etc)

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Bob Cooper said:
Decoplanner - cut tables, ignore them and make it up as I go along  

Decoplanner - cut tables, ignore them and follow my VR3 with an ascent rate all of my own and a 5min ascent from 6m.

Yes Bob I know I went streight up from 6 when i dived with you but it was my first dive with the undersuit and I was under weight :embarasse

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Abyss, been using it for 7 years now, and I'm still here and OK...er..I think...

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
I use V-Planner for the following reasons

- it's very intuitive to use
- the support you get when registered is excellent
- I like the idea of the VPM model and the deeper stops it introduces
- It now runs on my pocket PC so I can use it on the boat to revise plans
- it includes some handy mixing and top off programs

The only modifications I use to the profiles are that I set the gas switch stops to be longer, at least 2 mins, sometimes 5 mins to allow for switching and also to make the most of the O2 window. I also do a slow ascent from 6m.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts