YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning to do both the above specialties when im away on a livaboard in two weeks time and the boat have asked me to get hold of the books to cover these, my question is do I need to get the two crew packs or can i loan the DVDs and use the adventures in diving book to cover them?

Ron

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
I hope you are not paying full price for the specialties, as that includes the price of the books and materials...

·
Top Bloke
2,674 Posts
I hope you are not paying full price for the specialties, as that includes the price of the books and materials...
That is the way a lot of places do it in the Red Sea.

Your course is only $100 until you actually start and find you have to buy your manuals on top as well as the cost of your certification, it soon adds up.

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
That is the way a lot of places do it in the Red Sea.
:eek:

rod said:
Your course is only $100 until you actually start and find you have to buy your manuals on top as well as the cost of your certification, it soon adds up.
That seems dodgy to me.
You might be able to get the books off ebay though, if you are lucky. I did my Nitrox on the cheap, and didn't get the book or tables to keep, so I picked up a cheap second hand copy of them all when I got back.

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont worry i opted to do it this way as i can borrow the dvd's and get the book directly off PADI now im a DM :teeth:

Rod I had a feeling that this was the case but thanks for clearing it up, as im at work and didn`t have access to my Insturctors manual.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts