YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Though in Peter K's defence - The Duke of Wellington (who was born in Ireland), when people called him an Irishman remarked:

'If one is born in a stable, it doesn't make one a horse.'

Chris

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Spike Milligan was born in India, was English, and died an Irishman - go figure.

·
Mexican Dive Bum
516 Posts
Imported post

I think Peter should embrace his Englishness completely.  Being Scottish (or Welsh, Irish, French, Australian or South African) is going to be no fun at all during RWC 2003!  I'm getting quite excited about the whole thing now!  I foresee a lot of non-DIR celebratory pissing up!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Lanny. My support for the RWC is as follows;
#1 Scotland
#2 Ireland
#3 Wales
#4 anybody playing against England

Peter

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

So it will just be no4 then Peter.

And before anyone thinks that
a) I'm having a pop at the above mentioned nations or
b) I'm having a pop at Peter or
c) Having a pop at just about anything else
it's called humour

Matt

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Peter

Well it looks like you are going to have a very disapointing RWC:D

And Johnny Wilkinson having lessons off Beckham! As if he needs them:D

Regards

Paul

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] My support for the RWC is as follows;
#1 Scotland
#2 Ireland
#3 Wales
#4 anybody playing against England
Just cos we're going to kick your arses all the way back to the Northern Hemisphere doesn't mean you have to get all bitter & twisted about it mate

I hope to God this comment doesn't come back and bite me on the arse in the coming weeks...

I can safely say that Peter's capacity for 'ard licker well exceeds any Sassenach that I know of, plus he can hold his drink.  Ergo he's either a Scot or a Belgian. Is Peter a Belgian? We should be told.
Thoroughly top chap in my book, when I can get round that strange accent of his. Home Counties I think. Or possibly Antwerp.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Peter.

l think you must have missed this thread by John Gully earlier.
Peter K's nationalty

l know you're a football fan, when did Gaza's score his best goal and against whoom?  

l'll answer the first bit for you- Euro 96

And Peter learn the following

Swing low, sweet chariot
Comin' for to carry me home;
Swing low, sweet chariot
Comin' for to carry me home.

I looked over Jordan, and
What did I see,
Comin' for to carry me home?
A band of angels comin' after me,
Comin' for to carry me home

Swing low, sweet chariot
Comin' for to carry me home

More to follow later.

Rob mate, you must be going soft in yer edd saying things like this.

"Thoroughly top chap in my book"

Actually Becky & l thought the same untill he stopped us coming up to the Sound of Mull again  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Oct. 02 2003,22:15)]l know you're a football fan, when did Gaza's score his best goal and against whoom?  
Rangers V Aberdeen(1997 Pittodrie). He scored a hat trick to make Rangers win the 9-in-a-row.

Peter
PS-I see Arsenal are having a good Champions League
 Oh, and how is the mighty Watford getting on in Europe this year?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Oct. 02 2003,22:15)]Actually Becky & l thought the same untill he stopped us coming up to the Sound of Mull again  
Nowt stopping you Dude! If you and the other 5 want to chip in then the boat's there. £225 each. It's no ma fault guv'nor.

Peter

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Oct. 02 2003,23:18)]Oh, and how is the mighty Watford getting on in Europe this year?
Watford are in a prime position to storm to top of the first division, only 22 places above them  

Damm l forgot that when Gaza's career ended he signed for your mob.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]PS-I see Arsenal are having a good Champions League
Carefull my boy, I've been an Arsenal fan since before you were a glint in your Dad's eye, that was when the team was made up of Englishmen from North London. None of your john come lately foreigners then.
Still they gave the Mancs a whack didnt they, not bad for a bunch of Onion sellers  

Truth be told Arsenal's glory years (70/71) when the double was won not bought they were full of Paddies and Jimmies.

Now who else can I upset?

Matt

·
Registered
365 Posts
Imported post

Regarding Gaza's (the Geordie wife beaters) best goal.  I remember the Euro 96 game well.  Had a wee Cabin Cruiser at the time and on the particular day (an absoulute sweltering day) me and the missus where out on Loch Lomond just off Luss listening to the match on the radio whilst soaking up the rays.  Scotland get a penalty and I remember declaring that if Scotland score that I would dive head first into the loch.  I think I was the only Scotsman alive that was glad Colin Hendry missed, .........well c'mon guys that Loch is F***ing freezing.

PS  A a scotland rugby fanatic I confidently predict that England will lift the cup (or get hammered by New Zealand in the semis again )

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StephM @ Oct. 04 2003,00:05)]I think I was the only Scotsman alive that was glad Colin Hendry missed,
I'd of bet my house on Colin Hendry not scoring that penalty. It was Gary McCallister that took it, so you had a fairly safe bet.

Ho-Hum, Time to go and watch the Glorious Glasgow Rangers take on the beggers from across the city.

Peter

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Oct. 04 2003,12:22)]Ho-Hum, Time to go and watch the Glorious Glasgow Rangers take on the beggers from across the city.

Peter
<font color='#000F22'>Ho-hum, 1-0 to the 'tic wasn't it Peter?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gavin Yates @ Oct. 04 2003,15:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Oct. 04 2003,12:22)]Ho-Hum, Time to go and watch the Glorious Glasgow Rangers take on the beggers from across the city.

Peter
Ho-hum, 1-0 to the 'tic wasn't it Peter?

One seriously pi**ed off Peter k

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Yippe so did Watford which takes us up to second from bottom of div 1, same place as on Sat AM.

Just steadying themselves before charging up the division  

1 - 20 of 21 Posts