YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I bought a VR3 from a guy on RBW - 2nd hand, colour screen, CCR, TX, etc

Around Feb of this year it developed a fault - the screen was gradually turning pink & it was chewing batteries

Contacted DeltaP who said to send it back and they'd look at it / fix it - they thought the colour screen had been damaged and would need a new one - was worried about the cost - colour screen, service, pressure test, P&P - surely this would be £expensive??? The technician there said "around £55 plus postage" - to which I agreed rapidly...

Off it went - £7.50 in recorded postage

Contacted them last week to ask when it'd be back - they said it was going out on Monday (received it back today) and that the repair had been done FOC - all I had to pay for was the postage!

Add to that, the fact that I'd sent it to them with a Tesco 1.2v battery (it was chewing the 3.3s) and they sent it back with a pukka 3.3v battery, the total cost was around £16 (2 sets of P&P) less the cost of a 3.3v battery

So, I guess if DeltaP made lager it'd be Carlsberg - cos their (DeltaP's) service is probably the best in the world...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Thanks for that Nick...My experience with Delta P......

New Colour VR3...only have it about 2 weeks... 3.3v Software..

Putting it on the casing broke where the strap went through not the pin...the casing ....a bugger.

I rang them and was told to send it back....

3 days later brand new Colour VR3 with the latest version 5 software...

Thanks very much....I rang them and said thanks too..:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.