YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all, been hanging around and absorbing collective knowledge for a while so seemed time to say hello. Second time around diver exiled to zummerset from Lancs. Did my fisrt diving in my teens about '75 oop north but lost the enthusuiasm and hung up the fins after a couple of years. Persuaded my long suffering wife, Pat, to have a try dive in Greece last year and via a few trips to Greece, Croatia and canaries introduced her to the joys of UK diving at Chepstow in February. I remebered why I stopped last time around but it's fair to say that kit has improved a bit since then and i've discovered that you can actually stay warm in a dry suit, not like the old stick it together yourself kit, by eck but it wer tuff int thowd days. We have had a few dives out of Exmouth since and hope to get down to Cornwall and Portland soon.

Anyway, enjoyed the board and hope to meet some of you on the boat sometime. If there is anyone else from somerset / devon / dorest be especially good to hear from you.

Dave Mayor

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Hi Dave

There's a few of us from Devon, DougParker, Mdemon and myself are the ones I know of.

You might want to have a look here for details of a Plymouth trip..

Get in amongst the discussions, this is the best diver's forum I have come across.

Adrian

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the boards, I am not quite in Devon (Bristol) but do dive there quite a lot so who knows maybe we will meet up for a dip sometime.

Daz

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome.

Any chance of sending some of your nice clear sea along the coast to Sussex. PLs pls pls.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Dave,

Glad you've come in from the cold, so to speak!

You are indeed welcome, you and your good lady wife. See ya on the boards and hopefully for a wet sometime!

Cheers,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ July 28 2003,15:14)]Hi and welcome.

Any chance of sending some of your nice clear sea along the coast to Sussex. PLs pls pls.
Thanx 4 the welcome guys, as for the nice clear sea weathers been crap here lately and if 2m viz is nice and clear i'll stay clear of sussex !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts