YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

DIC - Divers

3K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  Finless 
#1 ·
Imported post

A bit of fun - so some may think DIR divers are facists. Daz and I have decided to start up a new diving fraternity based on DIC - Doing It Casual.

Heres a couple of rules to start with - potential candidates must comply

1.  Must smoke at least 20 a day
2.  Must have 3 **** before each dive
3.  Must not be able to run 100yards in 20 secs.........

Any more rules

Wheres me coat..........?

See less See more
#6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kirky @ July 07 2003,19:14)]Heres a couple of rules to start with - potential candidates must comply

1.  Must smoke at least 20 a day
2.  Must have 3 **** before each dive
3.  Must not be able to run 100yards in 20 secs.........

Any more rules
Whey Hey at last a club that will accept me, what about;
4.  Must be able to consume weekly alchol units in one 2 hour  sitting
5.  Must eat loads of kebabs and greasy food every day.

#10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Glad to see our little chat was not wasted Kirky and you have got the ball rolling.

A few other rules :-  

Buddy pairs must ensure their kit is not the same.
Buddy pairs are a nice to have and only considered essential if it is their round in the pub after the dive.

Me and Kirky have the final say on all rules and if you do not agree with our rules then you are can be a DIC diver anyway for showing the correct 'casual' attitude.

Daz

#13 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DougParker @ July 07 2003,22:25)]Why on earth would anyone want to run 100 yards ?.  I passed my driving test years ago so i wouldn't have to run again.  I can see 100 yards if that's any help.
<font color='#000F22'>Pure class

Mark Chase

#16 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Noel Johnson @ July 10 2003,21:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Buddy pairs must ensure their kit is not the same.
That rules out some of the divers on thr recent trip to anglesey then  
<font color='#000080'>Is that a subtle dig I feel in my back !,

In my defence the drysuits all came from the same shop, but I am doing my utmost to shag mine up so I can get a new one.   Quite like the look of the Otter's and also the Oceanic....   hmmm  decisions, decisions.

Good to meet up guys/gals.

Daz

#18 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>OK heres a few:

DIC divers must never carry spares (There is always some one on the boat with some and it's cheeper that way)

DIC divers must never use their own talc to put on their dry suit.

DIC divers must never use the same gas mix as their buddies

DIC divers must not use trimix above 80m as helium is for poofs

DIC divers will be disavoud for dive plans that are longer than five words.

A typical detailed dive plan for a single 12 ltr 30m dive should be'

'50 bar then up'

A typical Dive plan for 30m+ M dives

'100 bar then up'.

Advanced DIC divers should be able to expertly plan their kitting up time to make them second group in the water and next to last out. This avoids all ponsing about with the shot (which is far to much like hard work) whilst maximising bottom time.

DIC divers must own at least one large item of kit that is not black preferably a Insperation CCR.

ATB

Mark Chase

#23 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ July 11 2003,19:45)]OK heres a few:

DIC divers must never carry spares (There is always some one on the boat with some and it's cheeper that way)

DIC divers must never use their own talc to put on their dry suit.

DIC divers must never use the same gas mix as their buddies

DIC divers must not use trimix above 80m as helium is for poofs

DIC divers will be disavoud for dive plans that are longer than five words.

A typical detailed dive plan for a single 12 ltr 30m dive should be'

'50 bar then up'

A typical Dive plan for 30m+ M dives

'100 bar then up'.

Advanced DIC divers should be able to expertly plan their kitting up time to make them second group in the water and next to last out. This avoids all ponsing about with the shot (which is far to much like hard work) whilst maximising bottom time.

DIC divers must own at least one large item of kit that is not black preferably a Insperation CCR.

ATB

Mark Chase
DIC divers must always use someone else's SMB

DIC divers must ensure that all other divers on the boat help kit them up (and get them out of the water)

DIC divers must ask to see the shop's air test documentation AFTER getting a fill and then find some reason to refuse to pay for it

Dic divers MUST carry a claw hammer and an extendable crowbar. A reel, torch and knife may be left on the boat to compensate for this extra equipent (after all, someone else will have them)

#24 ·
Imported post

I knew there was a club for people like me!

My buddy checks were pretty good last week. Did one on day one, and made it quite clear what was going on with my kit, and said that was probably the last one of the week. It was!

Mentioned the stage of 40% when I strapped it on, other than that, easy! You want a reg, there's bound to be one in my mouth. I'll sort things from there.

Dive planning is for poofs if you ask me. Max depth? Why spoil it if there's something interesting a little bit deeper!!!

A buddy is not just for ktting up. A buddy's for christmas, too!

I feel dead at home in this thread. Let it run and run and run.

#26 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]DIC divers must ensure that all other divers on the boat help kit them up (and get them out of the water)
Easy way to do this:

Arrive at dive site, throw up
Get kitted up with aid from everybody.
Do dive, return to surface, throw up.
Get de-kitted with aid from everybody

Works every time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.