YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well, Andy, you misse done hell of a day out, if maybe lacking a bit in the diving.

After 3 and a half hours from Birmingham, I arrive in Menai Bridge, on Anglesey. A bit of looking for Scott's boat, and then off for a dive at an island out of the straits somewhere.

OK, the dive wsan't exactly fantastic. Pretty much zero viz, and buddy separation became the order of the day. I managed 22 minutes on the reef, which was worth it, but twin 12s was overkill. Max depth 14m, lots of edible crabs and spider crabs etc. to see, and other random goo stuck to rocks. I'm sure there's a name for that goo, but it' not really my bag, so I don't learn the names!

Second dive was a snorkel for me. I never thought I'd say it, but I decided on snorkelling, as half of the wreck was out of the water. Anyone know the name of that wreck? Nigel? I could do with it for my logbook. It'd be well worth coming back in better viz, even though it's max depth 4/5m!

Anyway, fun day on a boat, even if we broke down and a couple of the guys felt a bit pooey in the chop. And a decent korma in the pub after.

£30 for 2 dives from the boat, coffee and tea provided, and credit to Scott for putting up with us lot warming up in his wheelhouse and asking plenty of stupid questions. And fixing the boat quick. Cause I was nearly fish-feeding.

If someone could remember the name of the boat, the wreck and the reef that would be good. 8 hours in the car was enough to wipe all my memory for detail!

And I didn't get arrested for anything! Nothing!

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hiya Digger,
               Boat you were on - Endeavor. Shallow wreck near island- Hoveringam. Reef -
? wotcha doin on a reef?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well, I just jumped in when I was told to! Maybe it was a reef, one side of the island. Someone will be along to tell me where it was in a bit.

Found a fishing rod there though. Covered in the same goo.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Digger

The Kimya also sticks out at low water and the Norman Court is also very shallow, did Scott say there was a canon on it?

Fiona

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Digger it was a sand dredger dont know the name the reef was next to a island with a load of big seals scarey in zero vis and when they look at you on the surface with that look of what the f*ck do you want!
still I had a good laff my sides are still hurting from taking the piss out the fish feeders.
better than sat at home next time the vis will be better.

nigel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts