YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Its been a few years since I went to Dotty but fancy it over the winter. Anyone got directions (either entry but Nantle preferred) from the A55

Thanks

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

Kirky

I'm doing this from memory...........

Continue on A55 and follow the signs to Caernarfon (don't take the A5 over the bridge to Anglesey).

This will get you on A487 (sign-posted Caernarfon and Porthmadog).

There is a new bit of the A487 which bypasses Penygroes, with a couple of roundabouts. Take the sign to Penygroes (left turn at one of the new roundabouts) and continue into the village of Penygroes.

In the village, look out for a funeral parlour on the right. Opposite this is a turning, take this left. If you get to a pelican crossing you have gone too far.

Continue to the end of the road and take a right (you are now on B4418 sign-posted Nantlle). Keep going for about 2 miles, past a rather ugly looking community centre on the left, and a big lake on the right.

When you get to a row of prefab bungalows on the left, turn left, that will take you to into the quarry road. If you've got a map, just look for Nantlle, find the row of bungalows and you are there!

Hope this helps.

Bob

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks Bob

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Whats the current status of Dotty?
Has all the hassle and threats of closure gone away?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Imported post

Dived there the other week. No problems.

That is not to say the dispute has been resolved!

Barry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imported post

the directions bob gave sound spot on, you can also use multimap.com and it even gives you a photo,  I dive dotty a lot when not sea diving and since the whimps at BSAC said dont go there, there is a lot less crowding, so much so that I take my vehicle down the ramp and on to jetty, keep to right on way down lhs is undercut badly, oh and only in 4x4, us old gits need every help we can.
There is a plaque in memory of Dennis from chadsac who died there earlier this year, being placed on the other side of the tunnel in the next few weeks

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Dorothea - directions?

Does anyone have directions to Dorothea? the only website I could find didn't give my any information I could match with Autoroute.

Ian

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just been having a look at UKdivers.net, what a great site for information!
It should be listed on everyones "Favorites" list, it's on mine now.
Thanks!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
See Bob Cooper's directions set out above. They appear pretty blob-on.

HTH

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
ianbaker said:
the directions bob gave sound spot on, you can also use multimap.com and it even gives you a photo,  I dive dotty a lot when not sea diving and since the whimps at BSAC said dont go there, there is a lot less crowding, so much so that I take my vehicle down the ramp and on to jetty, keep to right on way down lhs is undercut badly, oh and only in 4x4, us old gits need every help we can.
There is a plaque in memory of Dennis from chadsac who died there earlier this year, being placed on the other side of the tunnel in the next few weeks
Can you tell me is the plaque for Dennis going to be at the 20m tunnel or the 57m tunnel,

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
ianbaker said:
i believe in the past helicopters have had to lift people from the jetty, and/or even land on it, and it's been politely requested by alot of people not to take vehicles on to it...?

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Justin Owen said:
i believe in the past helicopters have had to lift people from the jetty, and/or even land on it, and it's been politely requested by alot of people not to take vehicles on to it...?

Hi Justin

I think you would be hard bushed to land a Helicopter on the jetty,
I’m with you on keeping it car free at weekends,
Ps
I have seen one or two diver s get a lift back up to the top car park and then a ride in the chopper. Thanks to a nice man parked on the slip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts