YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I unscrewed the lower dump valve / OP valve of my Dive Rite wing to de-gunk it and noticed that the braided line (string) is a bit worn and I want to replace it.

The valve looks like it is a one piece thing i.e. I can't appear to get at the valve and spring bit to replace the string. I can unscrew the valve from the wing OK, but does anyone know if I can get into the rest, and if so - how?

Thanks

(When I say how to open it, I am assuming that I can close it again, so lump hammers and crowbars are not an acceptable option)

·
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Garf, but mine is a bit different to that.

See the way when opened up the valve and spring come out - mine still has another bit in place holding them in. But the thing he is doing, is what I want to do if I can get it open.

Sorry I am at work ATM, otherwise I would post a photo of the offending bit.

Reactions: RogerViking

·
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I got it now.

I took it to my LDS and he drilled a couple of holes part way through the offending bit, stuck a pin spanner in and screwed it out for me. It goes back on a bit funny too, so he lent me a tool for getting back on right.

Oh the cost of that - £0.00 Now I wonder why I keep going back there when I need to spend money on kit - Thanks Tom :)

Oh and thanks to the kind YDer who offered me a hammer to fix it :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts