YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

disclaimers

450 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  David Wallace 
#1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>i was asked during the week to find a descent disclaimer to cover boat and diving situations.
can anyone point me in the right direction.
no training  involved.
cheers
barrie

#2 ·
Imported post

Barrie,

I'll ask my brother if he can help...he's a lawyer (booo) and lives in Guernsey....a few boats and some diving so he may be able to get something. Not his field but he might be able to help.

He'd probably need some more info though....

I'll give him a call now.

Graham

#3 ·
Imported post

I am a boat skipper
You are a diver

I take you there
Decide if its safe conditions to get you out of the water
I shot the wreck
I defend you from passing boats
I bring you home

Thats it

Dont ask me to suport you any more with your diving and I wont ask you how to navigate the boat.

Hows that?

MArk Chase

#5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>mark,
that will do for me,however i think the diclaimer is to cover members a group who dive together and own the boat between them and are concerned about lossing their houses in the event of claim.
they also take guests out diving and have to consider the possible implications.
cheers
barrie

#6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bang-on @ Feb. 20 2004,21:52)]mark,
that will do for me,however i think the diclaimer is to cover members a group who dive together and own the boat between them and are concerned about lossing their houses in the event of claim.
they also take guests out diving and have to consider the possible implications.
cheers
barrie
You would need a lot more information before you could start to look at this. starting with do they charge the Guests?  If they do. its commercial and the disclaimers starts to get clearer. then you get into what other services are provided on the trip, then.... then..... then.... After a bit you spend a grand on a Lawyer to write the disclaimer. THEN in the event of a claim you spend about 10 grand on lawyers defending the case on the basis of the disclaimer whilst half a dozen other lawyers try to tear holes in it.

Cynic mode of

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.