YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Flicking through the TV trying to watch anything other than the news I saw a short report on Discovery Channel 'What is the big idea' program' on a small compact rebreather sistem. Well that is what it said and the details were very very vague.  it looked like a compact rucksack with what looks like a 3l cylinder, 2 regs and console.  It said it had a bladder and weights. Well I'm not a rebreather person at all but this didn't seem to make sense at all. The guy said he has sold 26,000 of these in a year, this seems far fetched.
Does anyone know of this sistem? I'm just curious about it.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I think your talking about the mini breather which is not a re breather at all but a self contained OC dive kit. There is a report on it in the  Divermag do a surch on mini breather and you will find it. I think it wone a design award or somthing but god knows why.

Mark CHase

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Didnt see it but definatley sounds like the Mini B or its brother the Maxi B with a 7l cylinder. Great bit of kit - deffo not an RB though

Paul

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Has anyone seen this in action? Why would one want one anyway? A cross between snorkelling and diving?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Why would anyone want a MiniB ? - plenty of reasons really.

The unit has a bouyancy bladder with LPI, gauge, cylinder and reg with main and alt 2nd stages on in, all contained in a rucksack sized bag - in fact it is a rucksack and one size fits all. Very compact and easy to move about for starters. Ideal for try dives in resorts and especially pool work in hotels. Satisfies the kit requirements for dive 1 of most courses. Ideal for use in aquariums. Ideal to keep on your dirty great big yacht for quick inspections down under. Ideal for those who want a quick dive once or twice a year with no hassle.

So many uses really - no substitute for real scuba kit on deeper/longer dives but for warm water poodling about its great - oh and you can put a nice logo on the back of the rucksack too!!

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

The MiniB is what the Mares HUB should have been - a dead simple system for getting people underwater without fuss.

The MiniReB is yet to be launched, but I'd be interested in it if it ever came out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts