YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi all

Have mentioned this previously, but after some changes and improvements, it's now available on my dive club's website for download.

It does the following - basic air and Nitrox calculations (based on a spreadsheet by Tim Ingmire (Timing)), Trimix calculations (based on a spreadsheet supplied by John Duncan) and a cylinder buoyancy calculator (based on the spreadsheet available for download from Dominic's spreadsheet), all combined into one Excel application.

You'll require Excel 97 or later to run it, but as stated, if you have any problems running this, then please let me know. Just follow the instructions, and please take a moment to peruse the README file before using this application.

It's there to be used by anyone who wants it - as I've said before, if anyone can think of improvements/changes, then just let me know (I've already had a request to add the facility to calculate trimix top-ups, so if anyone knows how to go about this, then please let me know).

Anyway, if it's of any use, please let others know about it - if it's no good, please tell me.

Regards, and dive safe
Martin

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MartinS @ Jan. 14 2004,21:35)](I've already had a request to add the facility to calculate trimix top-ups, so if anyone knows how to go about this, then please let me know).
Trimix top offs.......

Avoid them like Aids

Unless you have access to a helium analyser that is.

If you mean air top offs on to a trimix fill thats different, some people will still avoid them unless the original mix has been helium analysed  but on the assumption that the original mix is correct its fairly easy to do.

PS IMVHO the word assumption should be avoided in diving  

Let men know if you want the calcs

Regards

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts