YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Rob Downs just posted this in 'another place'.

"Are You a Diving Instructor?

Fancy running your own dive centre?

Diving and Watersports Businness For Sale or To Let, or manager required

Established Diving and Watersports Centre in major South West resort (Torquay), with massive potential for development.

Long local authority lease.

Comes with the sole licence to offer diving/watersports & activities from one of the best blue flag beaches in the area and a 40 sq metre lock up retail unit in a location second to none.

Diver Training carried out literally yards from the front door. Oportunities like this dont crop up very often. Fully fitted out shop, with purpose built training room, compressor room, with compressor and bank.

Great retail opportunity, Hire, Diving Services, Pedaloes, Kayaks, Banana rides etc.

see website http://www.riviera54.freeserve.co.uk

Premium and rent required

NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE

Email: [email protected]

or ring 0791 9154022

Cheers,
Rob Downs"

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Mar. 15 2004,17:51)]That was advertised ages ago, guess he's had a lot of timewasters
Possibly

Or a potential sale fell through
Or no-one has approached him
Or his asking price is unrealistic

Could be a million reasons (well several)

anyone interested should still give them a call, although I always get concerned when the web address they give goes to a valid, but blank page.

Regards

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

I contacted him when it was first advertised last year, at the time he wanted a stupid amount of money for what is in effect a summer only business.

Andrew

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andyp @ Mar. 16 2004,08:18)]I contacted him when it was first advertised last year, at the time he wanted a stupid amount of money for what is in effect a summer only business.

Andrew
So...

number 3

His asking price is unrealistic

Out of interest..... did he tell you why he wanted to sell?

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Yeh, said he was retiring, there was a house up for sale also. When he described the business to me, I got the impression it was a hobby more than anything else.

If the price was right it could be a good starter, really would depend on the quality of the stock etc.

Andrew

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

It's one of those tempting dream fulfillment opps isn't it.  Don't get it right tho and it'd be the ruin of ye.

Mmmm your own business.

How does the instructing work then?  Do they just contract this out to local instructors?

·
Hopping Mad
134 Posts
Imported post

Dream fulfillment ... ?

Depends on what your definition of masochism is really.

Took the plunge and gave up the day job a year ago to open and run a dive centre.

If anyone tells you it aint hard work - they're lying, but still I can get a cup of tea whenever I fancy and I don't have to worry about asking for time off - I just don't get any (time off that is)!

AAAArgh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts