YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Any of you guys know of anyone offering dive boat charters from say Scarborough down to Grimsby?  My buddy and I have a few days off in mid June and fancy some good boat diving.......

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I dont but if you find out can you tell me???

Jules

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ May 19 2003,23:14)]I dont but if you find out can you tell me???

Jules
Thanks Jules, I'll let you know when we find one!

There was a guy, Gary Fox, running a dive charter operation but he went to Cornwall some years ago.

Anyone know of any further north, Whitby maybe or even from South Geordie land??

Alan

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DiveMoreOften @ May 19 2003,01:26)]Any of you guys know of anyone offering dive boat charters from say Scarborough down to Grimsby?  My buddy and I have a few days off in mid June and fancy some good boat diving.......
<font color='#0000FF'>I have had a look at the BSAC website they might be able to help you.

Scarborough Sub Aqua 25 St Marys Street, Scarborough Wed, 20.00 Mr M D Richardson 01723 354859 [email protected]

Otherwise go to find a branch at www.bsac.com and there are lists of all the branches you should be able to find some information from them. Hope this helps a bit

Fiona

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I used to charter a large rib out of Whitby (7mtr) with a guy
Alan Holmes
01947 600861
He used to charge £25pp for 4 divers and £25pp for six.
The boat was yours for the day (6hrs)and you could do 2 or three dives .depending on depth,
I think he's still up and running

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi all,
Alan told me last year he had a new job working shifts and was really only availiable midweek as non working w/ends he was doing RYA powerboat courses but Whitby BSAC will take BSAC members out on their boat [space permitting] for £7pp-pd to cover fuel costs.
HTH

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Andy Hayhurst showed me this today; apart from being a mate of Andy's, he rates him also; and he runs a RIB - here's the skinny (taken from BSAC's mag 'DIVE'):

"North East Dive Charters - Tyne & Farne Islands

Wreck, reef, & seal diving on 12 man, fast, quality RIB, MCA fully licensed, with full electronics including GPS.

Diver/Skipper, O2, Nitrox. Catering for individuals and small groups, large party discounts. 2nd tank, tea, coffee, refreshments all included in the price! Accommodation available. Winter diving. All PADI courses available.

Call Graeme on TEL: 0191 297 0914
Evenings TEL: 0191 297 0484
Mobile TEL: 07802 785 752

http://www.nedivecharters.freeuk.com

Hope that helps and good luck. Enjoy the diving.

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Imported post

Hi Bren

Graeme is the guy I suggested anyone booking a trip to the Farnes should look at. Two 125hp engines and a very large (about 8m) RIB with a forward cabin on it. He is also a diver, so has your interest at heart and knows what the dive-sites underwater are like, unlike the local charter-boat skippers.  

Cheers Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts