YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Well like an absoloute  Idijit I went and left my dive comp on the roof of the car,  And as you can guess it got car sick and jumped off and hasnt hitchiked home yet..
So it has now left me with the unfortunate and expensive prospect of replacing it..
Now not knowing to much about comps,( Except the thought of diving with out one is so painfull.)I thought I would ask the forum for some ideas, All I know it has to be able to take a battering as everywhere I dive is volcanic.
So it does get qt beaten up..
On another note I hope everyone had a great chrissy and new year
steve

·
Registered
71 Posts
Imported post

gotta be said the Vyper is hard to beat.  mines three years old, battered but happy and does most everyting I want it for.  In STD or nitrox, takes care of most day trips and even on multi day does not sting you too bad as long as you are nice to it on SI, safty stops and accent rates.  going deco is fine also again no awful penalties and pretty sensible displays.  Moving onto gas switches means using guage mode and tables/software.  Spent a week in SCAPA using it in this mode alongside deco planner and found it worked fine.  giving all the same info (except stop time) and downloads to the PC so you can see how you did compared to the plan.  Very useful on multi day dives.  You can adjust the software from dive to dive according to what you did not what you planned.  altogether a big winner in my opinion.

there is a new gas switch version around (VYTEC) bit considering they just had a major recall on it for switch faults I understand...better to wait and see on that model.  Let someone else do the bug search.

Let us know what you go for in the end and how you get on.  always interested.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Thanxs JP for the info..
But shock and horror. there are " Honest " people out there.
I was having a bitch and moan to my dive shop about losing my comp, next minute he is laffin his ass off..He disapeared and returned with the local dive rag which hadnt been sent out yet and there lo and behold there it was     " Found one dive computer ", I pick it up in an hour
Yeehaw..
regards
Steve

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Well its "Official" there are honest people out there..
Picked up my dive comp and got invited in for a few tipples of the bottle of scotch I brought him for finding my comp..
Got sloshed out of my scon, Made a new dive Bud to boot..
If youve got to lose your comp, I think the end results are well worth while...
And after talkin to the the chap, I found out he doesnt even own a dive computer..  Go figure Huh
and he has just moved to the area a few weeks ago..
Just got himself into a built in dive group wiyh my mates thats for sure...
Heres to honest people
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Good call eh?!
A guy I know found a top-of-the-line Kowalski that'd been lost on a wreck, unfortunately the original owner wasn't as lucky as yourself.
Chee-az
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts