YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I once wrote an article for MotorCycleNews, which was a competion, in 1971 - zilch since.

Matt

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>i sent off for a free moby drysuit from dive magazine and a free holiday to the caribbean from diver, but never heard anything!

strange  

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

My sister-in-law won a CBear undersuit at Dive 2003

Dom

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>not magazines, but....

my dive club won a trip to the red sea as the prize for the LIDS group booking draw in 2000. i was there, was very excited that i was one of the winning group....

until it was pointed out that as i'd bought my ticket on the door and not pre-booked with the group, it didn't apply to me

oh well, the guys who went said that they didn't know a free holiday could turn out so expensive!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I got £100 of free dive gear off Diver magazine just for signing up for their mailing list. Got me a 3mm wetsuit and a reg bag

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colinpjenkins @ Jan. 27 2004,16:08)]Yep
From Diver a free packet of Ginger sea sickness inhibiting tablets and some swim ear.
Me too!

·
Founder Member of the 'Viet Taff'
1,523 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I won a Vytec at the Dive Show last year, funnily enough on the Suunto stand - major result !

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I won two tickets to the London Boat Show this year by clicking a competition entry button on the Boat Show website. NEVER DO THAT - you go to the show and spend a fortune. But it was a really good day out.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I seem to remember one of the regular posters on here winning a holiday last year - either at one of the shows or from Diver magazine. Can't quite remember who though. (Jammy bugger!)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>won a fiver in a walkers packet of crisps!!
never won jack otherwise.
cheers
barrie

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

I won a prize last year in a Cayman's competion by the Cayman Tourist Board which was offered on the Divernet site.

Nope I did not win a trip to the Caymans  

but I did win a 12 month subscription to Conde Nast's Traveller magazine  

why the glum face?

well the mag is aimed at the well heeled and shows fantastic resorts and hotels. Jo loves reading it and saying why can't we go there or there. Well the reason is cos it costs the earth... and we cant afford it.....

So remember, every silver lining has a cloud  

Still was dead chuffed at winning anything.

Simon

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

Well you bunch of winging gits, back in 1999 I won a week on a liveaboard, courtesy of `SCUBA WORLD` magazine, the official voice of the SUB-AQUA ASSOCIATION.

I had a fantastic time aboard the CORAL QUEEN organised by OONASDIVERS. I even got to write an article about it in `SCUBA WORLD`.

So I am grately indebted to `SCUBA WORLD` magazine, the liveaboard `CORAL QUEEN` and `OONSADIVERS`.

Next time I go on a liveaboard, I`ll certainly book the `CORAL QUEEN` thru `OONSADIVERS`. I`ll also take a copy of `SCUBA WORLD with me to read whilst I`m not diving.

Steve
NB. The fact that the words `OONSADIVERS`, `CORAL QUEEN` and `SCUBA WORLD` are written in upper-case do not imply that I am endorsing or advertising them or the quality services they provide.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L. @ Jan. 27 2004,21:17)]Well you bunch of winging gits, back in 1999 I won a week on a liveaboard, courtesy of `SCUBA WORLD` magazine, the official voice of the SUB-AQUA ASSOCIATION.

I had a fantastic time aboard the CORAL QUEEN organised by OONASDIVERS. I even got to write an article about it in `SCUBA WORLD`.

So I am grately indebted to `SCUBA WORLD` magazine, the liveaboard `CORAL QUEEN` and `OONSADIVERS`.

Next time I go on a liveaboard, I`ll certainly book the `CORAL QUEEN` thru `OONSADIVERS`. I`ll also take a copy of `SCUBA WORLD with me to read whilst I`m not diving.

Steve
NB. The fact that the words `OONSADIVERS`, `CORAL QUEEN` and `SCUBA WORLD` are written in upper-case do not imply that I am endorsing or advertising them or the quality services they provide.
<font color='#0000FF'>LUCKY BASTARD!!!

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I won a super duper silver foil space blanket thingy (vacuum packed - equivalent to a 25 tog duvet apparently).  Got it through a kayaking magazine though.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I won a free holiday to the Med lst year. All I had to do was to go to the Glen Eagles Hotel to 'collect' it. After the Holiday if I liked it I was to tell all my friends about it. They kept on about how they did not advertise but relied on customers telling their friends about what a wonderfull holiday they'd had. Later found out that a company offering similar holidays was carring out hard sell at the 'holiday reception' and again on the Holiday itself. Hmm?? you don't say!! Never went to the Holiday collection thing at the hotel even though they rung back several times asking me to come along.

Dave C

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Peter Kelly, and very generously I might add, put up his virginity as a competition prize to DIVER Magazine..............in 1998 - alas, the prize remains unclaimed  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Yes, but didn't you have to be a Glasgow virgin to claim it? That would explain it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts