YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
hmmm.. open circuit revisited...
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dive equipment for sale on behalf of a friend who had to give up diving.

Dive equipment for sale on behalf of a friend who had to give up diving. Gear
not used for four years so recommend servicing but all in good nick.
Also has a load is weight blocks and lead shot. Any trial welcome.
Located in Leeds.

Open to offers!

Photos:

Regulator:
Please see photo1
photo2

Drysuit:

18" Neoprene neck seal,
latex wrist seals with neoprene protective covers.
Fit: 5'6" to 5'9", chest 46", waist 40",

latex dipped neoprene warm boots size 9.
Rear entry zip, convenience zip
Two zipped side cargo pockets.
All zips work very well.
includes inflation hose, Apex Auto dump and additional wrist dump

Also comes with seaskin undersuit - Photo

£300 ono

Stab jacket:
Photo

Weight belt:

Lead weights:

5 lb loose lead shot,
2x 5 lb (shot pouches) at £2 / lb

·
Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,276 Posts
Anke has given up diving? I just hope it's not health related? She was a guest of mine, well, actually of my then best friend Roger's whose house was rather more "palatial" (still is) than mine and I like to think that we got on pretty well during the few days she was in Terrigal.

She's a lovely bird, please give her my best, I do think of her relatively often. :)

Do you know of Helen H at all? She was in the same party of divers but she and her then boyfriend, even though they were already estranged, came to Terrigal a few days later. I knew her on the UK divers list of those days and that is why we all met but she "fell off the face of the earth" just a little later. She, and he for that matter, were terrific DIR style divers and probably at least one very good reason why I, today, employ the long hose in true DIR style "wrapped 'dangerously' around my neck" and what a load of b*ll*cks that is.

Reactions: aquaholic

·
3,276 Posts
does she have an 18" neck, size 9 feet and need of a convenience zip ?
IIRC Anke is not quite the best looking woman on this planet, and made that very plain to me even before she arrived here. Nevertheless a more warm hearted person would be difficult to meet. Besides, she speaks German, a definite plus in my own view of things and I beset her with my version of (50s style) German while she was here. Bad luck for Anke (who took it bravely) good luck for me.

Incidentally, I've also had a personal response from her and this is not her gear (I should have known better, it's not really her style of gear) so all is well as far as Anke is concerned, thankfully. :)

·
3,276 Posts
"Dive equipment for sale on behalf of a friend"

"Open to offers.

Best

Anke "

Knob.
If you had bothered to properly look, "Dangerous Dave", when you went to my profile you would have seen:

Being a "friend" of someone on forums such as this strikes me as being almost as valueless as being a "friend" on Facebook, Twitter etc. I am not now, nor am ever likely to be, a member of Facebook, Twitter or similar. It follows that if your pictures are on Facebook, Twitter or their ilk I, for one, won't be viewing them. ...
I don't do Facebook! I therefore had no way of knowing what Anke originally wrote!

Sheesh!

·
3,276 Posts
I don't either

I just read her post

You're funny
Quite possibly. I've been called many things, most of them not very complimentary.

Your computer might work that way but mine is seemingly different. When I click on the original URL provided by the OP I'm asked by Facebook to sign in. I don't want to do that, I don't want to become a "member" of FB and so I return to my original (YD) page. Now I'm perfectly willing to admit that I'm not at all brilliant at this computer thingie but that's what happens on my computer (and on my iPad for that matter).

YMMV and good luck to you if it does.

·
3,276 Posts
Thanks, Christian,

Anke
Hello my dear, believe it or not I didn't realise that Aquaholic was actually you. Nice, very nice, to meet you again. :)

·
hmmm.. open circuit revisited...
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
3,276 Posts
could you try this link for me please?

Anke
Yup, that works, although it means that (in my case anyway) I lose my YD page which is replaced by the FB page rather than appearing in a separate window. No big deal though.

I'll take a bit more notice of "Aquaholic" in future, I think (if the addled thing I like to call a brain can remember). :(

·
3,276 Posts
Very funny, is the lead for sale still i live in Leeds and would be interested or is it just me being dumb and all a hoax :shade:
Anke is not given to making jokes at the expense of others, as this would be. :)

As for whether the lead (or part of it?) is still available, I wouldn't know but I'm sure Anke will be along shortly to enlighten us.

·
3,276 Posts
Doh is thatAnkle weights won't be long. :
Personally I feel that snide comments about any person's physical attributes are entirely distasteful.

YMMV.

There are several comments on this thread with the same intent. If you're not ashamed of yourselves, you should be.

Edit/: Anke is, quite possibly, a better diver than you'll ever be, physical attributes notwithstanding and isn't that what diving is supposed to be all about?

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Personally I feel that snide comments about any person's physical attributes are entirely distasteful.
I think almost every right-minded person would agree with that, however unnecessary comments about a a person's physical
attributes are equally as distasteful.

IIRC Anke is not quite the best looking woman on this planet,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts