YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
a stroke of good looks
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tired and still feeling the effects of alcohol, but a great weekend, great diving, and 3rd place in fancy dress competition. the fancy dress theme was pirates, which you'd think was striaght forward but everyone else got it wrong and turned up wearing eye patches and waving swords around... this is what you need to do to win...

catshark

anemone (Dahlia)

starfish

cheeky pipefish

rachel, very pleased with new gloves, hood and mask.

purple starfish about to go on a journey

purple starfish makes his first stop

psf calls by to see a relative

psf catches crabs down below

if you didn't go 'cos you thought it'd be crap, you missed out. i've never dived that far down the country before, but will definately be going back again. i only managed three dives (hangover anyone?) but had over 15 metres viz on all of them, the sun was shining, beer flowing, happy times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was a wicked weekend once again, this time with diving which is always a bonus. I second that you missed out if you didn't go! Also I want my fiver back! that copy of "'Avatart" you sold me was full of blue aliens and not a tart in sight!

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Catshark??? You can't try and tart up a lesser-spotted dogfish by giving it a real grand name you know. :D (I know they are catsharks, but who the hell calls them that? )

Glad you had a good time. The diving is very good down here - just a bit of a gamble this time of year. You can have nice weather, or gale force winds, good viz or the start of the may bloom. Really is a crazy time to hold a Dive Fest, but there you go.

·
Registered
159 Posts
T'was a good weekend and the diving was surprisingly good - the dredger had awesome vis on Saturday. Good fancy dress - IlfSAC put a lot of effort in as well and they deserved the win. Cracking weekend - not sure why the beer was so expensive though...

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
It got changed to catshark because of some larger, deeper things already being called dogfish. Apparently. I think it's just so we can point and laugh at smug people on the Observer course. And you're not qualified til you get those dives in boy!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
My dad made me eat one once, I can still taste it. He also made me eat cottage cheese which had been made in old tights and chips so greasy I couldn't make the tomato sauce stick to them. Happy days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.