YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Ok, my wife has been bought up with diving and boats and me being away from home at months at a time, ( although it was work ). But now that my 2 boys are of age to understand to be grown up near other divers and do what they are told and when, it is a pleasure to have a understanding family.

NOW, as we have our boat, and we are all getting to know how you [SCOOBY DO DIVERS [/B] work, there is a new meaning to DIVE GOD . My boys list as follows :-

1). DIGGER, he is soooooooo cool and makes us laugh, sleeps on the boat or the sofa and like talking to us, and lets us drink beer with him until 2 in the morning.

2). HOWARD, diver younger than dad, that is so good at diving , he has devil horns on his dive hat, likes to eat olives and buys them off kids for 60 p each.

3). JUZ , coz when we were in the pub with him, i could sit next to a real diver and have a nice time,without hearing about kids stuff on the tele.

4). BLAINAID , she is always smiling and carries all her own kit.
Looks really sexy at the table and was funny.

YOUR LOT ARE NOT DOING MY IMAGE ANY GOOD  

Heard this week from the boys .

Nan to boys " Did you Easter bunny bring you lots of eggs ? "
Boy " Don't know, but Fiona and Digger got us one, and they were the biggest ".
Nan " Who's Digger and Fiona ? ".
Boys " Just divers we go to the pub with until 2 in the morning  ".

FFS    is 40 a sign  of getting old , and learning how kids are little humans with a mind of their own ?

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>DIVE GODS, I bloody shi* them ......

Well Andy, seeing as I'm one of those Dive Gods and seeing as I'm a big lad................ You might be wanting some morphine before you try to shi* me!!!

Be like giving birth but 100 times worse!

Juz

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

Thats kids for you Andy. I have a niece and three nephews are all planning to be marine biologists when they are older just so they can go diving regularly just like their uncle Nick does.  

Enthusiasm from kids is good if its carefully channled... and especially if it involves them cleaning your kit, drying it and packing it away neatly!  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

'From the mouths of babes...'

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Not to worry Andy, according to my boy, you are just a god, stuff the dive bit.

All I have heard about since Monday - sigh.

Andrew

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Andy,
The boys are absolute darlings, a real testament to great parenting skills, they do Jo & you both proud!

thinking I'm sexy as one of the great unwashed on Saturday night?

They should see me when I'm trying!

Kids are great, my 5 year old niece said she was leaving home and coming to live with me, she just needed her mum to run her to the airport!

I guess the god (& godess) status comes from not being a parent!

Blanaid

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ April 15 2004,09:54)]2). HOWARD, diver younger than dad
That's the joint best compliment l've has this year, the other  being told l have an "air of authority"

Those boys are soooooo perceptive and easily bribed.  

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>How old are they andy?  Just you know, with the underage drinking and everything, plus letting Digger near them........Tom will probably do buy one get one free on therapy for them.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Quality. Long may this continue. We go to Andy's for the weekend, and suddenly his kids think YD is full of Dive Gods. Great. And'y been diving longer than most of us put together (that was a comment about his age rather than experience
 ) and his kids have forgotten all that in a second. Comedy.

As for ripping Howard off for olives, 60p was cheap matey, I nearly got nailed for £70!!! Southerners, they'll sell olives that are free at the bar to paying customers!

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Andy, I can understand why your kids like Howard, aside from his paying exorbitant prices for olives.

As for the rest, well get used to it, they will not get any smaller, but rather become more and more independent, to the point that probably lose all respect for you *grin* and any other adult (but that is only temporary, usually gets cured after around 22 yrs).

moray

p.s. Howard: now I know that you like olives...hmmm...will think of a good price hehehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts