• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Ok, not talking about kit insurance, though it's not necessarily irrelevant , just the insurance to cover DCI etc so this excludes BSACs famous 3rd party liability insurance to.

Last year I got a great deal from Westfield for "a couple" , courtesy of Bren's recommendation, just wondering which folk prefer and why, plusses/minuses etc etc
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>none. Cover cost of DCI? what cost. I pay my taxes and NI for that.. If I'm abroad holiday ins covers it.

gareth.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reeve @ Jan. 19 2004,18:58)]none. Cover cost of DCI? what cost. I pay my taxes and NI for that.. If I'm abroad holiday ins covers it.

gareth.
I assume you read your holiday insurance carefully Gareth. Most holiday policies sold via travel agents have a limit of 30m.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Have Annual however same problem applies. I've never given it too much thought, maybe just don't tell them post incident. Hopefully that won't ever happen. Few of my holiday dives are below 30m especially in the warm climates.

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

as with all of these things, I am not going to find out how good their service is until you need them and I hope I never have to find out.

But if push came to shove I want to know that I can casevac out or be shoved in a pot without having to worry about the bills, so I will keep on paying my subs to Westfield.

Simon

·
Registered
84 Posts
Imported post

I have an annual travel insurance with Leisurecare. Their
Annual Gold Multi-trip travel policy covers diving down to
40 metres.
Tel: 01793 750150

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'm thinking of going the same way as Juz. I used Dive-master last year for a two week holiday to the med. This year I'm going to the med and the Red Sea so I'm going to bundle them together for an annual package. I was thinking of insuring all my kit in the UK with Dive master also, as its awfully expensive to replace should it sink/get stolen. Does anyone do this or could anyone recomend any kit insurance (for home and away during dives) for the UK? Who and how much does the cover stretch to, kit wise?

Dave C

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>I have my kit insured with them.

I've had 2 claims and both times they were very helpful and paid out in a timely manner.

Juz

·
Founder Member of the 'Viet Taff'
1,523 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I tried to tick two boxes but it would'nt let me.

Pro Liability Insurance with DAN
Personal and Kit with Buddy because it covers me on my snow board (which at 30 metres is quite interesting, though it might be funnier in my dry suit and wearing twins on a black run !)
Employer's Liability with Divemaster (beginning in Feb which costs a bit but the HSE fine is £5k and providing gas, entry and lunch for DM's is seen as employment - moan over now)

Never had to claim so I can't comment on the service though they are pretty good at taking the money off me !

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>For holiday cover I use Buddyindepth they cover you to what ever your training agency allows, so for me with BSAC it's 50m on air and I think it is 70m in an emergency.

Fiona

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>I use DAN and have their third party liability insurance as well as the famous BSAC insurance

Depth is unlimited
Lost kit is covered if lost during emergency
Widely recognised in Europe-it is like handing over a credit card

It may not be the cheapest, but as my Dad always says (and he should know) there is cheap insurance and good insurance. Fortunately I have never put DAN to the test.

Some standard holiday insurance covers to a depth of 15m, not 30m.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

I have dive travel insurance with Divemaster/IDEC and I belive had it it extended to cover dive travel and diving within the Uk year round, for next to nothing.

A note on standard holiday insurance, I heard (maybe from soneone on the board?) that although lots of them cover you to 30M, some have it baurried in the small print that it is intended for incidental diving as opposed to a dive holiday where it is the soul or main purpose. The Dive master insurance is as good a general holiday policy as I have had and is only a little more expensive.

Cheers

Conor

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IDH @ Jan. 20 2004,16:45)]I use DAN and have their third party liability insurance as well as the famous BSAC insurance

Depth is unlimited
Lost kit is covered if lost during emergency
Widely recognised in Europe-it is like handing over a credit card

It may not be the cheapest, but as my Dad always says (and he should know) there is cheap insurance and good insurance. Fortunately I have never put DAN to the test.

Some standard holiday insurance covers to a depth of 15m, not 30m.
Hi IDH

re DAN cover - my understanding is that DAN has a limit on its medical side to around 30,000 Euros which sounds a lot but if you are 7 miles off shore and need a casevac out and then treatment in a pot and then hospitilisation won't actually go that far.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here?  

Thanks

Simon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts