YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,828 Posts
Imported post

I think the worst part about this month's edition wasn't the wreck feature, nor the much-maligned Halcyon review. It was the Mares airlock.

Admittedly I'm highly prejudiced against it becaus it's a HUB component, but even so..

For those who don't know, the airlock is a camband that uses a direct feed to power a thingie that tightens the camband for you, so it never slips. I think it costs £60.

And it was rated as a good thing to have.

FFS! How hard do the folks at Dive think it is to tighten a camband by hand?? One of the first things I was ever taught was how to use the buckle on the Buddy camband to 'ratchet' the camband superhumanly tight. Takes two seconds and it's free.

But no - take Dive's advice, and buy a direct-feed powered camband tightener, and never display your incompetence at tightening a strap ever again!

If BSAC had the option of a regular membership that didn't include Dive magazine, their subscription rates would plummet like a rock - practically everybody you ask seems to think it's a worthless rag..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.