YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I see Red people
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crowd i usually go out with were doing training of some open water students this weekend so couldnt go out. I rang my mate Johnny and said to him about going up to Malin Head with Dive North he didnt know anything about them so i said look at the pics and vids on the website Dive North knowing full well as soon as he saw them hed be on for the dives.
I rang and arranged the dives with Geoff hes very helpful and easygoing I told him the types of diving we wanted(between 30 and 40 metres on a wreck if possible).
The first dive was to 27 metres at 54 minutes dive time ,a nice dive I think geoff was sussing us out to be sure we werent total fools before he let us onto a wreck
The second dive was the U861 at 42 metres with 71 minutes dive time, it was an excellent dive plenty to see and we spent about fifteen minutes on the sub itself
The third dive we decided to get some of that tasty nitrox so we went to 25 metres and spent 64 minutes underwater it was a nice drift dive and the viz was amazing
The fourth dive we had planned to get on to the Racoon but we missed the tide on it so we went into a cave that disappeared in the dark and followed it into a series of different caves that you could access from one another, the viz was again great we spent 77 minutes there with a max depth of 24 metres
We had a great time with Geoff and his crew they went out of their way to make us feel comfortable considering we were the only two divers there that weekend and he took on some rough seas to get us to the U861
Id recommend him and his outfit to anyone they have really deep stuff as well as some not too deep for others like me

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
always somewhere i've fancied diving (the shallower stuff)... i notice no pics of the boat he has - presuming its a hard boat??

·
Heavily medicated, for your safety.
1,754 Posts
Nice one Dave. Geoff is a sound bloke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts