YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Am preparing a dive plan for my DO for the 21/02 gig, and wanted to know a few bits about Stoney - have followed Bren's link in the UK Sites section but get a message about files missing or something.  Also, does anyone know the depth of the Stangarth - I'm planning for a max 20M depth for the day is this within this?
Really looking forward to the day - YD Stock, here we come!
Regards, and dive safe
Martin

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

It's been a few years since I last went to Stoney so I don't remember the exact depth of the Stanegarth but if you ring Stoney they will fax/email a map to you showing the various depths/bearings for navigation.

Well, at least, they faxed me one when I phoned them.

I wouldn't worry about the planning in advance as it is a simple place to plan for when you are there. Of course if you need to sort an EANx mix before you go then I guess having some idea of the depth might help a little bit.

EDIT - Humble apologies - the DO bit didn't click on my first read of your post.

How abt -  dive one Hydrobox max 35 mtrs.
dive two - not quite so deep as the first one.
dive three - bloody hell, you are KEEN.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Stanegarth's deck at 17m, bottom at 24. Is it planning for Ocean Divers etc? We take our trainees there, it's impractical to try and get them to stay at 20 when they'd be more comfortable near the bottom.

My computer usually reads 21/22m for the dive, as I'm not sitting on the bottom! If it's a major concern, you could drop them down the shot onto the deck, but the boat's too small to just play on it. You'd need to swim back in on the bottom, or swim out to it that way.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Martin, if you like I'll bring along my logbook from the last time I dived it tomorrow night, you can just show Steve that if you like

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Hi
Bryan - 3 dives - I don't think so  

I'll be diving 36% which, with a PPO2 of 1.4, gives me an MOD of 28M, so with Digger's info, means I'll be fine for the Stangarth - yipee  

Digs - no, my DO requires that for all dives outside of the club timetable, a dive plan must be submitted.  It's always been the same, so am just used to doing it.  I always go to lots of trouble to supply as much info as possible and he just glimpses at it and nods  
, but he's never said no yet, so I must be doing something right!  I think it's more to do with SAA insurance and such like, or maybe it's just my DO - who knows  

Tom - that's be great  
 See you tomorrow.
Regards
Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts