YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Did the Dive Planning & Marshalling course over the weekend, was an interesting couple of days, one day classroom, one day up at Vivian due to the weather blowing up in N.Wales...

The most interesting thing was seeing other peoples kit configurations and how the *new* BSAC DTP has come on - for example, and I'm not being disrespectful here, one sports diver in our group did not know anything about the implications of marshalling divers using Nitrox (MOD's etc) whereas we've learned about Nitrox since Ocean Diver.

It was also interesting looking at other peoples kit/twinsets. I didn't see anybody with a long hose, they were mainly in a standard BSAC config with the AAS fitted to the left, some were necklaced, others not. Saw one guy with a slob-knob and a tidy configuration on BCD/Stab jacket.

One guy also openly admitted he couldn't isolate his manifolded twin-10's.

Still, a good course, and I'm slightly more confident about planning my kit requirements for the future...

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>does not surprise me for a second.
Still hopefully you learned loads of good things and how not to do things.

(hope im getting browny points here for nice posts. Cause it really would of been easier to start ranting here than with the dir thread.)

to all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts