YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Having spent the day at sea , in the sun, flat calm , althought the Dover viz was sh*t.

What was the dive show like ?    did i miss anything REALLY REALLY good ?

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Only the photo of 5 ladies with Juz's head nestling in their breasts!

Maybe Mark will post it for ya!

Juz

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Ya a disgrace to the Diving Race , Mr Juzzy babyyyy

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>he was only maintaining his status!

Blanaid

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

Thought the Leigh/Teressa Brittanic show was very good, that guy takes some fantastic photographs.

And I fell in love with the little Halcyon wing, am going back tomorrow so have to try and avoid buying one...

Will hopefully get to the bar to meet some YD'ers tomorrow (and get my picture taken with Juz
).
dan.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Andy

Well the highlight was meeting Mary

And the very nice Reciever of Wrecks. Why does she keep giving me wreck decleration forms?

Missed Porg and the YD meet as i was spending a LOT of money then.

Oh met Keith Lawrence as well

and Jarrod Jablonski, even bought his book Doing It Right and got it signed
 Does that make me a DIR wannabe
 Bit embaracing really as i was the only one on the Halcyon stand that appeared to recognise him!!!

Oh yeah and Angus has found out how to make friends at last - Give away copies of Beyond the Blue
He was out with the Regimental mascot of some welsh regiment last night - A Goat - FFS Danglers, No standards after a couple of sherberts.

No Northern Divers, SUUNTO or Scubapro stands, which was a bit disapointing, but just about everything elso going.

Purchases? Ahhh a Boot full. Its a damn long walk back to the multistory car park with twin 12L and a rucksack full of Regs, Reels, Knifes and shiney bits.

I think i now have 3 of everything at least.

Ho Hum

Paul

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I had a great day despite missing the Britannic thing
I met loads of New YD'rs and some old friends. Nitrox was nothing like I expected and turned out to be quite a laugh. But try as he might I wouldn’t give up my YD shirt.

If Tec Dive 04 was a flop I think it might be down to the fact no one knew where the hell it was being held. If Digger hadn’t turned up I would still be wandering around looking.

I was blown away by Kevin Gurrs new CCR it is the absolute last word in CCR design and despite the £8000 price tag I gave it serious thought. I could just about afford serious thought and was safe in the knowledge my credit card limit wouldn’t cover getting one on the day.

It was very nearly a DIR purchase day for me, which was worrying. I loved the little Halcyon wing and it was cheaper than the one I ended up with but there was no way my wife was going to go for a single piece harness so I settled on the new OMS single wing which looks exactly the same as the Halcyon but bolts on to a nice comfy back pack and harness system. But the rest of the day belonged to Halcyon. I got a Halcyon Pathfinder reel for wreck penetration and a 10W Halcyon HID torch, which at £300 was the bargain of the year.

Andrew and I had a verrrrrrry interesting chat with Mark Elliot (who is definitely wired up to a Mars Bar) and got a copy of his new decompression soft where. He managed to scare the crap out of me with his theories on counter diffusion and diver deaths. Kevin Gurr was his normal dead pan no bullshit self which was nice and I sat in front of JJ through the CCR forum listening to the whispered piss taking from his entourage which I thought was a bit sad. JJ him self just smiled and didn’t join in so maybe there is hope for him yet.

DIR were represented during the decompression theory discussion where deco on the fly was explained in some detail but they didn’t join in on the CCR bit which was a shame as I would have liked to know a bit more about the RB80 and seeing as JJ was there he might as well have said a few words.

I had arrived as the doors opened and I couldn’t believe it was 5pm all of a sudden so I rushed off home to show my wife the lovely OMS wing back plate and harness I got her and to hide the torch I got for me  

Off to China tomorrow so see you all in a couple of weeks.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>You missed Tanya Streeter! What a babe!!!
I could tell she wanted me..

Went with the full intentions of purchasing a Pony rig, ended up with CD Sportwing and Force Fins  

Kept and I eye for Porg but missed her.
Mark, was that you in the red Toyota of Mazda?

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exnavyboy @ Mar. 28 2004,08:34)]Mark, was that you in the red Toyota of Mazda?
Yep
 The MR2. Velocitybeest

Mark Chase

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>By the way, I'm terrible with names, who was it I made wear their fleece top on the legs? (So that they didn't hide the 'dive Belize' T-shirt).

Juz

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Ermmmm....yes....that would've been me then.  Ta v Much!  

i had a Helly Hansen sleeveless fleece on with all my worldlies in the pockets, so i put it on over the t-shirt.  I thought that this would be ok as you could still see the "Dive Belize" logos on the fornt and on both sleeves, just hid the one on the back.

Unfortunately Juz, Mark and someone else decided this was not to be and i was forced into wearing it, nappy-like, with both legs through the armholes and the front stuffed unceremoniously downt he back of my kecks.  In front of the whole bar.

It was very elegant......

Lou

(now correctly dressed but pissed off having spent all day at work and still here!)

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Juz, apologising?
accept it as one of his ways of flirting, he is RATHER good at it, I know I fell for it!

but then lots of the ladies on YD are aware of his flirting PM skills!

Blanaid

PS love you hunni!

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT A WEEKEND!

Arrive late (thanks a lot GNER), to be cheaufer driven to Marys mums house, what a bllody nice mum you have Mary.  if she ever needs to adopt.....

Got to LIDS later than we wanted, mostly due to the fact that diggs was a bit reluctant to get his hairy arse out of bed...god dammit boy.
Spent most of saturday running around upstairs keeping speakers happy etc so thats why i wasnt downstairs.
The "Celebirty Death Match" was side splitting.  Nitrox got a pounding from HelenM, but was equally matched by Digger.  Both boys whined about friction burns to their crotches but never mind boys.......

Saturday night was unreal.  All these guys i have heard of, but dont know were on our table for the evening meal. I was one seat away from Rizia Ortolani (deepest wreck dive by a woman - hero) and next to him was DIR god Jerrard "DIR" Jobdoodah bloke.  The first thing Rizia said to him was "I hate DIR".  I thought i was gonna pee myself.  Digger then spent most of the evening harrassing Jerrard about DIR.  I must say though, he is a thoroughly nice bloke and he did say that Marys pink twins were ok by DIR.

Today i spent more time giving out magazines, which was a great laugh.  I got to meet a lot more people, had some freebies, got promised a made to measure weezle, and never had so many blokes say "do i look like a girl" when i offered them a Dive Girl.  Bloody southerners.

Mad rush on the tube, but made the train back.

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

Tuned up 2 minutes late for the introduction to tek-diving thingy, had a brief chat with Mary then into to the room to realise that the had already started and perhaps I should have been a bit quieter. Think I went a little red but hey-ho.

Then spent most of the day with trainees (I bought tickets for 25 Hellfins at the show) advising them on how to try on a semi-dry. Having sorted out 5 of them, I had a bit of a natter with Juz (who advised me on tact and diplomacy when talking to DO's  
) and Blanaid and several YDers before off to get some regs for the club then bumped into Digs and Tim (in the bar where else) who told me where to get regs. Then rushing around again then phew is it 6pm already where did the day go?

Laters,
  Janos

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Flippin heck Porg love!! Looks like you had a fabulus weekend. Was it quite relaxed travelling down there on the train? Who were you working for? Didn't know you were involved in the background stuff. I thought you were there to hand out mags again?

See you soon honey,

Dave C

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Mar. 28 2004,22:21)]The "Celebirty Death Match" was side splitting.  Nitrox got a pounding from HelenM, but was equally matched by Digger.  
Yes, but unfortunately I have acquired a couple of impressive bruises along the way and am incapable of lifting my right arm above my head today - well without screaming anyway!  Bloody good fun though  
 And thanks to Mary, Porg and the other ladies who came to my assistance on that one bout when Mark just wouldn't let go!  Nice to see that girls do indeed fight in packs.... Can we get one of those death match things for the Anglesey gig - will quite happily take on all comers  

(And I have to give Nitrox credit where it is due - he might have been rubbish with the sticks (
!!!)  but I don't think that there are that many blokes who could manage to sling me over their shoulders and walk around... I do fall into the category of 'not precisely a little girl' after all
).

Need to thank Tim (Tiewrap) for putting up with my pony (in both senses) dithering on Saturday.  Sorry mate, have a loan of one until I decide whether I'd rather have that or twin 7s..... And Digger, my negotiator extra-ordinaire, thanks for the help - hope you two are still talking

And last but not least..... woooooooo hoooooooooooo I have a MTM drysuit coming my way.  How exciting!!

Nice to catch up with y'all anyway...
All the best,
Helen

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Not a bad show at all- loved the Britannic talk, had a good old gas with Howard (well, got talked at mostly
), had some serious sales pitch off the boy Mark aka Nitrox (ex-nemesis
) aka DiveBelize & a wee t-shirt-orientated jape. Cheers for the beer mate! That Belize lark does look the mutt's I must say.  

Got some little bits, Bowstone Slate-holder-thingy and a Titanium lock-knife to replace the one I left lying around on a wreck last year (sob) but all the time I was settling into the groove & getting suitably lubricated I had hanging over me like a shower of piss the knowledge that I had to go & sort out a bunch of problems at Canary Wharf on some bloody 'pooter system so had to leave much earlier than I wanted to (double sob).  My man Finless had to split at a half-way reasonable time & cos  I didn't know how long the fault would take to  fix I sent him home.  Bryan, you're a star geezer and thanks for hanging around as long as you did, much much appreciated!
Turns out the fault took ferkin hours to fix & I got home half an hour ago.  Triple, quaduple, bastarding quintuple sob.

Nice to put a few more faces to names & hope to catch up the crowd again soon.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

Managed to get to the bar on Sunday and meet a few YD'ers and acquire a shiny new T-Shirt - cheers Mark!  Actually, all those t-shirts did make you all easy to find in the bar

Nice to meet those of you I did meet, hope to meet more of you on a dive trip soon!
dan.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts