YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi guys,

I've got to plan a trip for our uni club in October. The trip is shore diving for any level of divers. We have historically gone to St Abbs for this trip but the weather is always shite and we never get any diving in.

I'm after a site anywhere in the UK as i fancy a change from St Abbs. Needs to have a static caravan park nearby and somewhere for fills etc. Probably gonna be about 24 people on the trip so boat diving isn't really practical. Preferably sheltered so we dont get blown off.

Cheers,

Tim  

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Tim
Preferably sheltered so we dont get blown off.
and not Scotland.  Can't ever promise that Tim.
Well I'd say youre always at the mercy of getting blown out on the East Coast as far up as St Abbs, with little option of shelter and getting in if it blows up.

Since you've ruled out the shelter of Sea Lochs, Scotland, based on your other criteria I would try perhaps Angelsey, "usually" some shelter to be found in all but the worst conditions, and shore diving . Other option maybe consider Pembrokeshire, like most places it can get blown out, but tend to get a little more warning,  
Ideas
Ideas2

Hope this helps

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

i know you said not scotland but seriously sound of mull is a really good option , you can always dive somewhere and it's beeeyouuutifoooollll

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Angalsey would fit the bill, all of your requirements can be catered for there.

Jmaes  

1 - 4 of 4 Posts