YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Interested in a dive or two on the Scylla?

I've managed to find a boat (The Venture from Plymouth) for a mid-week trip on Tuesday and Wednesday 13th and 14th April. This is the two days after the bank holiday weekend. The boat is sorted and I'm in the process of looking at accomodation.

So, book a couple of days off and join the crew. Up to 11 can fit on the boat.

(1) Mark Davies
(2) Timing
(3) Kate
(4) . . .

Post here or call me on 07816 171663.

The skipper tells me reports from The Scylla are "awesome"! You know you want to!

The boat will cost £30 per day for two dives in the day. Once I've got some numbers together I'll start looking for the accomodation and get some prices.

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>tempting but I got boring meeting on tuesday

and i got to take someone hoem from cornwall

just leave the thing intact hey so i got something to see when i get down at the end of the month

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

I could be tempted by this - just the tuesday if poss though. We are in Exmouth over easter and are off work on the tuesday. I will PM you when the other half gets back to me about it!

Paul

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Steve, just edited the post with the obvious omission. The boat is charging £15 per diver per dive. I anticipate two dives a day. We need a minimum of four divers on each trip.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Mark,

If you are able to split the days Caroline and I would like to come down.  Either day is fine I suspect.

Before anyone says it I know I said I couldn't see the attraction but a days diving is a days diving!!  Oh, and Caroline want to do it.....  

Cheers

Lou

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Lou,

There will basically be two trips a day for two days. As long as I can get four on each trip we're on. Which day do you want to do?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

OK Lou, got me, you bugger.

Anyone fancy buddying me up for the day Lou/Caroline dont want.

Matt

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Mark,

Louise and I are definites for both days please. Do you want us to post a cheque?

We have looked at accomodation too. Premier Lodge, which is, as far as I can work out bang in the middle of Plymouth are doing a deal for £27 per room per night - this will not include breakfast though. We will be in Plymouth on monday night anyway so will book Prem lodge for then. This looks like it might be a good place for anyone who needs an over night stop on tuesday to stay as well.

I will PM you this same message too!

Paul

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Okay, current lists are as follows:

Tuesday 13th

(1)   Mark Davies
(2)   Timing
(3)   Kate
(4)   Mattbin (?)
(5)   Paul Beal
(6)   Fluice
(7)   John Nortcliffe(?)
(8)   Adrian Kelland (?)
(9)   Reeve (?)
(10) Julian (?)

Wednesday 14th

(1)   Mark Davies
(2)   Timing
(3)   Kate
(4)   Mattbin (?)
(5)   Paul Beal
(6)   Fluice
(7)   John Nortcliffe (?)
(8)   Adrian Kelland (?)
(9)   Reeve (?)
(10) Julian (?)

Lou, let me know which day you ladies want.

This is now a definite goer, so come on - lets have some more. Upto 11 places per day.

I think at this late stage it is easiest to sort out your own accomodation. I checked with the Mount Battern Centre and they're after £40 a night! Premierlodge is looking good!

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Mark
one day only for me, I'll take the one Lou/Caroline dont want, if I can get a buddy, I have posted in Buddy wanted, that way it gives Lou/Caroline a chance to get a dive in, OK?

Matt

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Matt,

Message understood. Come on, girls - make your mind up!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Mark,

I'd be interested will ask my buddy Julian tomorrow if he's interested. I've got some leave carried over that I have to use but it's a case of whether or not I can have time off Easter week? Could you put Julian and I down as provisional & I'll get a definite answer for you by monday pm.

thx  gareth

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Sorry, I have Friday pm's off so I haven't logged on for 24 hours.  The bad news (for which I apologise unashamedly) is that I totally didn't click that it was the Easter school hols - not having kids does mean you are somewhat oblivious to this - and hence Caroline has been denied the day off due to too many folks being off already in her group.  

So we will have to miss this one
 about which I am very peeved.

Matt, thanks for the thought but it looks like you are cool to just do one day anyway.  Hope you go and have a good'un

Sorry once again, Mark

Lou

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

I'm interested in doing both days, if I can get a buddy.
Subject to his acceptance, I will dive with Mattbin on one of the days.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Mark

What other sites are you thinking of? Persier (32m), Hilsea Point and Jame Eagan Layne are likely candidates. Perhaps the Rosehill?

I could be up for a day, given permission.

Adrian

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

John, I'll be happy to buddy up on one of the days, do you have a preference which.
Mark do you have dive times at all, as I'll probably drive down in the morning rather than the night before, depending on time of course.

Rgds
Matt

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Adrian/Matt,

My usual style on planning trips is to do as little planning as possible. So much easier! If the problems with the Scylla are sorted we'll definitely be doing at least one dive on that. As for the rest, I'm happy to go with a concensus and the recommendations of the skipper dependant on conditions.

I'll sort out a time to disembark for Tuesday in the middle of next week and post it here. I hope it's not going to be too early!

Okay, current lists are as follows:

Tuesday 13th

(1)   Mark Davies
(2)   Timing
(3)   Kate
(4)   Mattbin (?)
(5)   Paul Beal
(6)   Fluice
(7)   John Nortcliffe(?)
(8)   Adrian Kelland (?)
(9)   Reeve (?)
(10) Julian (?)

Wednesday 14th

(1)   Mark Davies
(2)   Timing
(3)   Kate
(4)   Mattbin (?)
(5)   Paul Beal
(6)   Fluice
(7)   John Nortcliffe (?)
(8)   Adrian Kelland (?)
(9)   Reeve (?)
(10) Julian (?)

This is now a definite goer, so come on - lets have some more. Upto 11 places per day.

I think at this late stage it is easiest to sort out your own accomodation.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

Matt,

I don't have a preference on days - I'll probably be there for both anyway.

Re sites, I'm easy but 32m is probably a little too deep for me this early in the season.

Temperature is looking to be about 9-10 degrees?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts