YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I would be grateful for any suggestions about a suitable combined dive timer and depth guage. Must switch on automatically on hitting the water.

Just want something reasonably cheap - if my dive computer fails then I will revert to my pre prepared run time schedules or straight to the tables.

Do they make such a thing any more as most dive computers are relatively cheap nowadays?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ July 31 2003,11:44)]I would be grateful for any suggestions about a suitable combined dive timer and depth guage. Must switch on automatically on hitting the water.

Just want something reasonably cheap - if my dive computer fails then I will revert to my pre prepared run time schedules or straight to the tables.

Do they make such a thing any more as most dive computers are relatively cheap nowadays?
Try Uwatec. It will give you what you asked for. Got mine in the spring from Malta for Lm35. Don't know how much is that in sterling

The unit works great. It is simple and neat.

Lawrence

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>hi, I use the UWATEC D-timer. I got it from KENT DIVING for about £60 (I think)  It displays current depth and deepest depth, temperature, % of surfacing speed and has a log book with surface intervals. hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Imported post

Fin,

the uwatec dive timer is very popular. It's like an aladin but without the computer bit. i think they're about £75 from kent diving.

I brought a Sunnto D3 dive timer for £140 which is the same kind of thing - a mosquito with the computer. erm it works, that's about it. I got the sunnto one as the uwatecs never tell you the time of the dive, which is a bit of a bind to try and work out.

failing that, go and get the most cheap as chips computer you can find.

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Have a look on ebay they're always for sale on there got mine (uwatec) for £49 and use it as a back-up to my main comp.

paul

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

The prices on ebay can be pretty crazy though - when I was looking for them I saw people paying extortionate prices. For example, a used d-timer sold last week for £77 + p&p.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....y=19304

And that's an item that costs £70 brand new from the local dive shop! I don't understand it.

Tom

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

The usual reason for that is a buyer in a country where they can't get that item, so it makes no difference to them how much we'd pay for it...

I use a Uwatec D-timer too, it's great.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

I'd say it was more a case of people who don't know how much things are actually worth, getting into a bidding frenzy. This was on the UK ebay site, and the item I posted as an example specified it would be shipped within the UK only. Sorry for dragging this off topic, I'll shut up now!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
UWTEC D-Timer for me as well, simple, reliable and does the job - hmmm bit like me :0

Complements the SUUNTO Vytec quite nicely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.