1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

My name is Billy,

I am a diveaholic.

I am so pissed off I didnt get my arse up to St Abbs - sounds wonderful already - and I bet there's more reports to come

I am sitting here seething coz I didnt go diving this weekend.  In frustration, I ended up attacking my hedges with a chainsaw - and found a bee's nest. So I tackled the bugger with most of my dive gear on. One of my dragonettes has a picky now of me in costume with chainsaw - may be posted sometime ?

So, I am determined to get wet nest Saturday.  Hopefully, I/we can test Driftwood's 15 tanx as well?
I do need to be back home around 7.00 on Saturday, but still recon the world's my oyster ( or lobster ) - Anglesey, North Wales, Devils Bridge, Lakes, Eccy Delph, Crapenway.
Anyone up for it ?
I've just found the mail facility built into the site, appologies for not using/ answering sooner.

Update 29th Aug -
Hi Lads/ esses,:snorkel:
I have been speaking to the owner of a large ( ex MOD )rib which launches from Treadour Bay. :drown:  
He has spaces on his 11.00  and 2.00 trips this Saturday.  Cost for both trips £24 per person.  There will be time between dives for air fill if you dont bring two tanx.

A word of warning 11.00 launch means we will be kitted up, on the boat and off at 11.00 rather than the usual diving meaning of "sometime well after 11.00 - probably nearer 12 - if we are lucky"  So we will be setting off to arrive before 10.30 - 2 hours good run from our area.:burnout:

Currently Maltese Falcon and myself are commited and I am waiting decision from a couple of others.
He can fit on more if you are interested,
If so please call me 07721 889665.
For interest, he will probably see wrecks and lots of sealife :bubble_fish: and stay around 20m max - any relative novices welcome.:confined:

(Edited by Billy the Kangaroo at 5:14 pm on Aug. 29, 2002)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Just waiting on collection mate :thumb:

PS Weight yourself as per a 12l - the increased weight of the tank is more or less offset by the increased bouyant force generated by the greater displacement... A bit of weight can come off (half kilo at most) but I'd give yourself time to settle first.

Awaiting a call......

PS Prefer to drop off on thurs as I'm using diving on Weds night - could arrange an alternative if needed though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Roo!
Hope you depression has lifted a bit!!!
I'm up for Saturday - let me know location and times - I'll be there
Cheers
John
P.S. I've just stumbled across the message button!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Message button - what message button ?
I found there is special email on the site at weekend - because it was flashing on the top corner and whenever I went for it with my arrow, it went out - I thought someone was having a larff.

( Perhaps there ought to be a course on the features of the site - e.g. driving the wizzy icons - WHICH ARE BRILL and gods knows what else I havent tripped over yet.   Perhaps a special section on the forum on How to Use or FAQ ?
Having said that, the site is great - well done everyone concerned. )

However back to forum, at present the Maltese Falcon and myself are hoping to go to Angelsey on Saturday - we thought inland sites could wait till the nastier weather arrives and we would try and get in the sea whilst we could. However, we are flexible and can be persuaded elsewhere - but preferably not Crapenray.  I expect to shore dive and should be quite suitable for all.
I will post details by Thurs pm latest.  We will be setting off from Leigh/ Bolton area - glad to meet up/ share wheels.  

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Hi Lads/ esses,:snorkel:
I have been speaking to the owner of a large ( ex MOD )rib which launches from Treadour Bay. :drown:  
He has spaces on his 11.00  and 2.00 trips this Saturday.  Cost for both trips £24 per person.  There will be time between dives for air fill if you dont bring two tanx.

A word of warning 11.00 launch means we will be kitted up, on the boat and off at 11.00 rather than the usual diving meaning of "sometime well after 11.00 - probably nearer 12 - if we are lucky"  So we will be setting off to arrive before 10.30 - 2 hours good run from our area.:burnout:

Currently Maltese Falcon and myself are commited and I am waiting decision from a couple of others.
He can fit on more if you are interested,
If so please call me 07721 889665.
For interest, he will probably see wrecks and lots of sealife :bubble_fish: and stay around 20m max - any relative novices welcome.:confined:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

I know it's late - I cant get onto my email,  
if you want to speak to me about 2morrow - pls call my mobile 07721 889665
It seems Rib may be blown out, but we'll find somewhere to shore dive if it is.
Love the new kangaroo picture

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Hey Billy,

let me know if yourself and maltese are up for anything on the 21st weekend, (count me in for just about anything((apart from treasure hunts!))

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ben,
If you're available 21/22 Sep, have you thought about Bridlington/Scarborough at Peters place - primrose valley was it? Or perhaps Anglesey, Treaddur Bay maybe. I'll be happy to fit in with arrangements wherever on these dates.
I know Bren was looking to get something organised. I'll get in touch with him - post something on the boards if you're up for it!!!
Cheers
John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.