YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Poseidon dive watches? Are they good? Are they usable with a dry suit?

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Pardon my 'diving in' at a tangent but I was just curious as to why you would want a dive watch?

I bought a dive watch when I started and I don't think it ever got wet. A dive computer or even a bottom timer proved to be much more .......... betterer. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot afford trimix computers. I still want to do occasional trimix dives with known square profiles. My dive computer doesn't show seconds, which is annoying in deco. I could purchase another cheap dive computer - this time with seconds display, or a good watch.

I also want a watch for daily use.

A dive watch is about the cheapest solution to these problems.

·
Aquanauts tea boy & GUE instructor
1,079 Posts
Timex Iron Man from Argos, best value bit of dive kit I ever bought. Stick that on with a uwatec BT and off you go.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

·
Rich D
582 Posts
Timex Iron Man from Argos, best value bit of dive kit I ever bought. Stick that on with a uwatec BT and off you go.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
Had one attached to by bc for years as a backup, worked a lot better than a diving watch, of which I have one, that has never got wet.... Odd that

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I read on a thread (here I think) that Apeks watches are being given away for free with I think Diver magazine subscription.

Its really exciting when diving companies make watches. The skill and attention to detail they must have, one minute a dive mask next a rebreather LOL

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read on a thread (here I think) that Apeks watches are being given away for free with I think Diver magazine subscription.

Its really exciting when diving companies make watches. The skill and attention to detail they must have, one minute a dive mask next a rebreather LOL
...but if it's an Apeks, I can service it myself...

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
I cannot afford trimix computers. I still want to do occasional trimix dives with known square profiles.
Not trying to start a war but if you cant afford a computer that is up to the job should you be diving on trimix?

why do you need seconds on a dive computer, the correct computer will be working all this out for you even if you.

There are plenty of VR3 kicking around for £250 full trimix

Ron

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
...but if it's an Apeks, I can service it myself...
Yeah you can but the Apeks parts kit you need for the watch service are "Approved" for dive shop use only in the UK.

Took my grandfathers pocket watch apart and my dads camera when I was a kid.
The camera went back fine worked OK and I still had seven pieces left over.

The pocket watch was tougher to fix I gave up when the springy coil unsprung itself.

Found The link, free watch
http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/surface-interval/209510-mag-subscription.html

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not trying to start a war but if you cant afford a computer that is up to the job should you be diving on trimix?

why do you need seconds on a dive computer, the correct computer will be working all this out for you even if you.

There are plenty of VR3 kicking around for £250 full trimix

Ron
Ok, that VR3 for £250 isn't that expensive...

It's just that a trimix computer (such as OSTC/Shearwater/...) costs the same as 20 trimix dives... and my profiles are simple square profile dives to 47m max.

Trimix diving without a computer is safe. I can plan these dives in advance, and write plans on a slate, just as we did on the course, just as my dive buddy does. He's using a bottom timer and GUE minimum deco. And it sucks to do deco when you need to wait for 2 min on a 1 min stop to see the digit change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts