YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

At dinnner time today a diver was air lifted by air ambulance from the dive site of stoney cove in leicstershire !!!sorry ive no more info guys heard the boat go out whilst on a dive!! cannot specualate at this time as to the divers condition !!but i for one hope it all turns out ok best wishes leigh

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (yipeediver @ April 17 2004,15:47)]At dinnner time today a diver was air lifted by air ambulance from the dive site of stoney cove in leicstershire !!!sorry ive no more info guys heard the boat go out whilst on a dive!! cannot specualate at this time as to the divers condition !!but i for one hope it all turns out ok best wishes leigh
<font color='#008080'>Saw the boat on go out and return; The diver was given CPR on the way back from near the East side of stoney and then had his dry suit cut off him for the stoney staff to work on him. I though the worst when I saw that. They revived him and I heard he regained consiousness while being loaded into the ambulance. I asked one on the staff at the end of the day if they'd heard any more about the guy, I was told he'd recovered well and was laughing and joking about the whole thing. His wife wasn't as jovial as he was, I can't say what state his health is in after his wife got hold of him.

Once again the stoney staff were amazing, the speed of their responce and action to save this diver should be praised, especialy since about 5 minutes earlier there had been another shout that turned out to be a false alarm.

Well done stoney staff!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

thanx for that info friend!!! all i can do is echo your sentiments on the stoney staff and say that there swift actions yet again gave someone that little bit of hope!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts