YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

So according to Divernet news, wreck divers this weekend came across the body of a Richard Hartley who went missing at Anglesy nearly a year ago.

Firstly, deepest condolences to the family, but at least now they can lay him to rest properly.

But from a diver's perspective: Just reading the article has made me feel decidedly queezy. If I was diving and came across someone in that condition, I would have a full blown panic attack followed by a totally uncontrolled rapid ascent and probably kill myself in the process. Respect to the wreckies for keeping their cool under such dreadful circumstances!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Imported post

Richard was a member of Bradford Bsac , he failed to surface after a dive on the cambank wreck last July whilst diving with his brother.
He was also a biker as are quite a few on this site. He was a nice guy and well liked, as was proved when the club held a benefit night last month and it was packed to the rafters.
As has been said at least his family will get 'closure' now.
R.I.P  Richard, my thoughts are with your family.

http://www.thisisbradford.co.uk/bradfor....S1.html

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I didn't know Richard but am aware of the area he was diving, much respect and thanks to the divers who found him and deepest sympathies for his family.

It is always terrible when a fellow diver is lost. but in this instance closure has been gained.

Once again deepest symapathies to the family and to the friends at Bradfoed BSAC and thanks to the finding divers - a job well done

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts