Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

thats not the north

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

Yep, I can recommend this guy Jules Eden - he did my HSE last year - probably not the cheapest around (about £120 for initial HSE) but a nice guy all the same

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I had an HSE medical in 2000  in Newcastle (Jesmond), think it cost about £120, I can't rememer the name of the Doc of the top of my head but could find out if required. A right miserable faced bugger though

Anyway, aren't most agencies self-declaration these days? If any (BSAC) divers need to see a medical referee you can get that done for about £15,(I know of at least two medics in Newcastle that charge this) guess it'd be available for other agency divers too

Chee-az
Steve

(Edited by Steve W at 10:40 am on Feb. 14, 2003)

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

the north of yorkshire?

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

Its not the agency that determines whither you need an HSE medical or not, its the HSE, and its very simple, if you get paid to dive you need one.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Correctomundo, BSAC Branch Instructors don't require an HSE medical, but I believe the BSAC School Instuctors do (ie these organizations charge for courses).

Also the costs of BSAC instructor courses are nominal in comparison with PADI, presumably because a PADI course allows you to earn money from your diving which, unless you go into instructing in a School, you won't with BSAC.  although PADI Instructor friends of mine have told me what they earn is a pittance.

Chee-az
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts