YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>oh dear not another one all my thoughts to his fammily.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Imported post

I wonder why there are so many incidents at Dorothea, as opposed to somewhere like say the NDC. They are fairly similar depths, as i recall the NDC is 80 odd metres deep and dotty is 100. Therefore, given that most of the incidents at Dotty occur above 80m,  wouldn't you expect a similar number of incidents at the NDC as at Dotty? Is it temperature (presumably they are pretty similar to) or something else?

My thoughts are with the missing divers family.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

I've never done the NDC, but I'm guessing it has similar safety teams who deploy in the same fast reaction manner as Stoney?

Dotty is just a big water filled hole and sod all else - no facilities whatsoever. Possibly this might be a reason for the sorry stream of bodies either pulled or not (days later after an ROV's been in to locate and retrieve) from its depths?

Any way - that's speculation and in situations like this, it's best not to dwell on the potential whys and what-if's? and to wait for the HSE enquiry and post mortem results.

God's rest to the diver and condolenses to the family.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Mar. 20 2004,19:30)]Any way - that's speculation and in situations like this, it's best not to dwell on the potential whys and what-if's?
I did think after I had posted, that maybe i should have started a new thread, given the content of the initial post.

Will do that under surface interval

Daza

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>My condolences to the missing divers family.
I echo Yippee's sentiment.

I do however like Dorothea, divers die in the sea, capernwray and stoney - its diving, it aint risk free.

I'm sorry if this sounds callous, I dont mean it to.

Stu.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Imported post

Oh..ek. I knew him. He was a member of Warrington Sub-Aqua club when I was still in the UK. Nice chap....will be sorely missed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts