YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Been doing some diving in our clubs local pool venue ( trying out a new camera ) with my buddy,and we and a number of students have gone down with sore throats , bad guts, skin soresand varuois other nasties.
Now the pool had plenty of chlorine in it so i would imagen it killed off any bacteria lurking about.
Could anyone shed any light on what we may be suffering with ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi BM,
        I'd have a guess at too much Chlorine. If they've put too much in that can make you sick and burn your skin. It might be worth telling the pool about.

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
Imported post

One thing about bacteria is that in any population there's usually at least one that is resistant to this or that, so given that one type of bacteria can live on radiactive fuel rods (fact, not fiction)  I'm sure there's lot of others that can easily cope with swimming pool levels of chlorine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Chers guys , enviromental health have checked the pool out and closed it down. They say there are high levels of something nasty.
The pool needs emptying and cleaning, so we were right.
At the time they tested it chlorine levels were almost non existant.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top