YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just wondering If anyone has or knows of anyone with a Diverite Single wreck wing for sale, I dont need backplate or harness just the wing, but whould take the whole lot if the price was right.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Can't help you Paul but I'm after a Halcyon or other backplate. Not the wing or harness really.

I want to have a twins rig and a singles rig rather than swapping between the pioneer and the explorer.

Anybody?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Two wingnuts and two of those bloody tank bands - no STA you see.

Lazy is the new black!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Ahaa well, may I make a suggestion? Why not just keep the same harness and BP (cos it's setup just perfick for you, or at least I hope it is) and then instead of having to have two BP/Harness rigs with their required D-Rings, Buckles, and backup torches attached, you keep one complete and comfortable rig but you then simply buy a 'heavy' STA allowing you to swap cylinders quickly and easily and which would then also allow you to remove a certain amount of weight from your weightbelt because it'll be in the 'heavy' STA...  

Voilá  :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Gav,

Just so I know, which rig you gonna be diving this weekend? Banded twins - OK; which harness/BP/wing?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Nice idea Dave .... but ...

Any STA forces single cylinder further away from plate which off-sets natural balance ... some people are cool with that but I don't like it.

My harness is fine at the mo' and I can reach my valves easily so I wannna make another plate harness/config just for twins so I can attach a permanent V/P/D weight.

That way I can keep my Pioneer 36 and SS plate for singles only and as it's only 2.5kg it's easily lobbed into luggage for my next trip away without getting too silly on weight. With a 3 mil suit I'll only need 1kg plus backplate anyway.

If I take my big lamp I'm neutral with nae extra weight - maybe a kg on one of the tank bands - ali tanks?

So, anybody got a backplate for sale?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts