YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I've been buying Diver magazine for the last few months and was thinking of subscribing for a year to save money and hassle..

The thing is, you get this free rucksack with 'Diver' written on it...

If I were to turn up at a YD gig with this rucksack, approximately how much would I get the piss taken out of me?

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>I had mine up at Stoney with nary an ounce of urine extracted.

It's a bag.  It's got a mesh bit to let air into damp kit.  It's got a ferruled hole at the bottom (ooh, err, matron) to let water out.  I don't think there is a lot to take the pee out of?

Go for it.

I'm waiting for the flag free gift to come back before I take out my new subscription.

Andy

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Isn't the bag made by Beaver?
I'm bl**dy annoyed that when I subscribe to the Diver Mag I can not get any of the offers such as the bag or flag. To kick sand on my face I not only have to pay much more for being overseas but I also receive a good two weeks later!
 I subscribe to the weekly Telegraph and Economist and those only take a couple of days so maybe the diver mag is sent appropiately by sea.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I've got one of their big kit bags that I got when I took out my subscription. I use it to keep all my kit tidy when diving off a boat. It's got "Diver" all over it and no-one has ever said a word. Don't worry about it.

John Bantin himself is a YD member and occasional poster. No doubt a few others connected with the mag are here anonymously. We might have words to say about handbag.net, but that's all to do with some of the arseholes that post on it - no reflection on the magazine which I'd guess most of us would agree is excellent.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I use that bag to cart my bits & pieces to the pool - it even managed to cope when I took my drysuit, undersuit et al in it.

I may even use it to take my stuff out on the club RHIB this year (assuming I don't start looking for hardboats instead
)

Go for it!

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I have one of these and there very usefull. There black how can they not be cool  

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
6 Posts
Imported post

I use mine all the time and nobody comments - holds all my make-up

....just a shame it doesn't come in pink!

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ratbag @ Mar. 25 2004,15:49)]The thing is, you get this free rucksack with 'Diver' written on it...

If I were to turn up at a YD gig with this rucksack, approximately how much would I get the piss taken out of me?
Ratbag

In this instance I am happy to play the role of the Sin Eater.

If anyone takes the p155, just give me the bag and I will happily use it and let them direct their mirth at me.

You will then be free of having the mikey taken.  

Simon

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

I have one in my dive room,(large cupboard under stairs actually but "room" sounds better.  
) unused and going spare.

If anyone wants it, it's their's for the cost of postage, say a couple of quid.

Let me know, first come,(careful Porg!), first served.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

me, and i will come and collect and stay the weekend and dive with you and liz, is that a deal....???

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

This is even better than ebay!
by the way i never worked out how to post an item for sale on ebay so i still have two teenagers if anyone wants to bid on them.
jules:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Mar. 25 2004,23:53)]me, and i will come and collect and stay the weekend and dive with you and liz, is that a deal....???
Errr, what was it you said not so long ago,   oh, I remember:

"I'm giving up married men for Lent".

My mother warned me about women like you.  

(just my luck though, took me 39 years,11 months and 15 days to find one.  

)

Seriously, if you want it,(the rucksack, cheeky), you're welcome to it, believe me, there hasn't been a rush! Let me know.

p.s, if you can figure out a way to get rid of Liz for the weekend, you're on!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chris Guimaraens @ Mar. 25 2004,16:07)]Isn't the bag made by Beaver?
Not sure Chris,

I got practically the same bag when I ttok out a sub to Sport Diver and it was a Scubapro branded bag.

Dom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts