YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>For full details see the posts below or on other thread "Last Call For Red Sea Liveaboard".

Right, we've got a pretty good team sheet as follows;

(1) Mark Davies
(2) Timing
(3) Kate
(4) Gavin Yates
(5) Fi
(6) Steve W
(7) Doug
(8) Camdiver

As of 11/9 there are still five places on the boat. If we fill these there will be further discounts available. If we fill it the basic cost will drop to £665.

Time is running out, so if you think you could do with a week's unlimited warm diving in the lap of luxury on one of the Red Sea's top liveaboards let me know.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Think the problem is here Mark is that "it seems" a long way off time wise for most people. A lot of people in thinking of "Summer holiday mode". no consolation but probably get a rush nearer the time.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'm determined not to miss my Red Sea trip and still have this week booked off and the money in the bank. Unfortunately as things stand I'd be going on my own.

Does anyone fancy hooking up with me and coming along for a week's warm diving? Perhaps look to book a late deal near the time? I'm easy on location, shore or liveaboard but it would have to be around the first week of November and probably flying out of Manchester.

Any takers?    

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Mark,  you betcha.

The timing is perfect for me.  Not sure yet whether i'd rather hotel or liveaboard.  Depends on the family.  Weell to be honest I'd rather a weeks bliss on a boat and almost unlimited diving.

Prefer to book nearer the time to get the better prices.  And to be sure I still have a job and all.

The funds have been ringfenced so I'm def gonna do this.

Cheers,

Tim

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Tim,

You've made me a happy man!
Are  you likely to be doing the Manchester weekend (6th/7th Sept) that's currently in planning on the UK Sites board?
The timing would probably be right for us to get organised and booked then if you're coming up.
No doubt I'll catch up with you in the meantime.

Anybody else want to come along?

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right, just bringing this thread up again as we're in the process of getting booked up.

There are currently three of us YD's (Kate, Timing and myself) penciled in for a liveaboard trip with Oonasdivers for the week of 2/11/03 to 9/11/03. The cost is £725 (flights, transfers, unlimited diving and full board) with a £20 supplement to fly from Manchester if you want it.

There are plenty of spaces left if anyone is interested and we may be able to negotiate a discount if we get enough going.

PM me if you're interested.

(Digger - that means you!)

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Is this still a possibility.  We can't commit at the moment (I know, not ideal for planning purposes), but would like to be kept in mind if our situation allows a wee break in the sun?!

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>I wanted to dive Red Sea this year,,, but decided to spend £ 80 K and buy myself a boat instead.

Andy

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Must be a decent boat for £80k!!

So, are you offering to run a liveaboard for us in the Red Sea then?

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Fi (and anybody else),

Yes, spaces still available as of yesterday.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

If she's the same liveaboard as Andy (Wetlettuce) and I (and our wives) went on with OonasDivers in June, doing the northern circuit, all I can say is that rarely will you see a boat in more squared-away order and in Bristol Fashion. She is a beauty, massive, roomy, food out fo this world (both in quantity and variety), bars, sundecks, minibars/TV/videos/stereos in EVERY room! Non-smoking galley (which is huge) for the 'health Nazis' (bizarre when you think that on RN ships in days of Yore the galley was the only place you could smoke!) Galley has very comfy seating with communal TV & Video for those 'here's the footage I shot on the last dive' moments. And a top music system for when you all fancy a Troop Boogie.

Bottom line is she's a top class boat with bags of room and a simply massive kitting up area. And the crew do everything for you, short of apply wet-wipes a la Ronson when required. Now all I have to do is remember the name of the bally thing!

I think she is the 'M.Y. Juliette'.

Lettuce - help me out mate! What is she called?? And do you have pictures of her for the good folks here??

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi

Yeah shes the Juliet, the dive guides name is Vicky, and the website you can visit is;

The Juliet

I'm sure Marks posted something else about this cos I remember commenting then.

Andy

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks Bren - could hardly get a better recommendation than that. Now I'm looking forward to it even more!

Interest is finally hotting-up now that the places are running out. You guys never heard of planning? We started this months ago!

Places still available (I think) so if you're interested, call me.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Five places still available!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>What a good plug Bren!!!!!

I'm REALLY itching to get out there now!!!!!

x x x

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Another one for your list, I just booked on for the week.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

BTW boat is now full. A friend was trying to come along with us but they couldn't fit him on (although they did suggest 3 to a cabin
).

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well it will be nice to have a full crowd. Tickets arrived today - I trust you've got yours as well.

Have you managed to get together with Kate yet? With a full boat it's possible that you might be sharing a cabin - best to introduce yourselves first, just to be polite!

Only bit of planning left will be to sort out our drinks supply for the trip. I'd suggest that the six of us flying from Manchester can sort ourselves out while Kate and yourself can see to your own needs. Looking at the travel details we should be able to stock-up with duty-free at the airport in the UK before flying and then get some more on landing in Sharm. Don't over do it though - as we all know, drinking and diving don't mix (yeah, right!).

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Conor and everyone.

Well I wish you all safe diving and good fun. I wish I could be there, another time maybe. I look forward to the write up.

And remember NO SINKING  

Adrian

1 - 20 of 108 Posts