YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Thought I'd post it on here seeing as I only found out Saturday (but thought I'd pass it on).

I went for a fill to the Bowling Old Lane site to be met with the chaps loading a van with boxes.

"Sorry - Can't do a fill here any more! Best go to the new shop!!"

It's on the slip road of the A650 (Wakefield Road) and the Bradford Ring Road, and a nice place it is too. It's massive!!

They were just moving all the cabinets in on Saturday when I turned up to get a fill and ended up walking out with a set of OMS Wings with SS harness (nearly there - just need to manifold and twin and I'll be rolling with twin 12's!)

So good luck to them in their new home!!

Mark.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ahhh The Divers Curse strikes again.

Go for a fill and end up damaging the plastic again

Paul

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Mar. 15 2004,10:07)]Go for a fill and end up damaging the plastic again
Tell me about it.
I got my first drysuit like that. I was with the BSAC club I was part of (UBH675) on a jaunt to the manacles down in Cornwall.

One of the peeps (Nigel IIRC) was doing a contents on his cylinder when there was this crack like someone had let off a gun. I saw him hurriedly turning off the air and went over to see if I could help - and saw a lovely hole in his HP hose. Quite amazing how it had blown, too. It blew the armour through the outside rubber and made a perfect hole.

Anyway - I digress - we went to Cornish Divers in Falmouth to get a new HP hose for his reg, and I was, at the time, diving in a particularly uncomfortable 8mm semi-dry which had the same range of movement as wearing an armoured car. I agree it was probably too small for me, but had only just started a new job so wasn't too flush.

They had the 'Moby' membrane drysuits in stock, so I tried one on and it fitted perfectly, so it was 'Drysuit or Wetsuit' and the drysuit won over. I still have it (I'm too tall for it now) and it still works fine and dandy 13 years later!

Mark.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ahem TOO TALL?

Thats not usually the divers problem.

More often the Neoprenes Shrunk
 Although i don't think that one works with membrane suits.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>nah with membrane suits it's because the undersuit shrunk in the wash and of course it's pointless just to replace the undersuit when you can buy the package

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Mar. 15 2004,11:35)]Ahem TOO TALL?
It's probably not that I'm any taller - it's more that the fabric is pulled out more over my tubby waist due to too many pies methinks.

I just like to think it's because I'm taller. It's also 'cause I wanted to go back to my old haunt of a Neoprene Drysuit (wot I learned in) and I'm glad I did!

Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts