YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All,

After months of saving and some soul searching I am now in the position (financially and psychologically) to buy myself a expensive present. I am looking at getting a torch - HID definitely - which one - advice needed. I have been looking at the Helios 9, 18 watt HID and the little cheaper Helios 4.5, 10 watt HID from Halcyon. Although very pricy I am prepared to go all out and get one of them. However I am not stupid, and if its not gonna give me anything more than one of the other, less expensive, ones out there on the market then I won't part with the extra cash.

My wallet waits in anticipation of all your good advice.:deal:

Cheers

Ian Daly

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

If I was you I'd speak to Andy Hayhurst -

I think the Halcyon is not all that, Ben's got a CD HID that he really like but I've got a Greenforce 100w (equiv)HID which is like a light sabre and at less than £500 is pretty #### good. The cannister is small unlike the Halcyon which is a log and burn times are better.

But as I said Andy Hayhurst is yer man - if yer interested in the Greenforce speak to Rob from Lumb Bros at LIDS.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Ian have a look at the DiveRite collection on the Sea and Sea website, very funky, you can get a Canister with 10W HID light for under £450

regards
Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imported post

Ian, it has to be the Greenforce HID been using one for about 12mths, the muts nuts. Very slim battery pack and after sales from Wally Lumb is good.If you get the manifolded twin battery pack and a HID head it will last ages. I have the 10 watt (50 watt Equiv.) and it is very bright. The 100 watt equiv head is huge.
They are pretty neutral in terms of buoyancy as well.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Mitch - are you saying I've got a big head ? eh?

Well y'know what they say ... big head ...

big hat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts