YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

you may have noticed the DIVESIGNS banner on the YD front page. I'm now an official YD advertiser.

In case you don't already know, I produce deluxe reflective name stickers, MOD stickers, Stealth stickers and SOLAS name stickers for DSMBs.

Here is a nice selection of DIVESIGNS on NeilH's gear -

The SOLAS sticker are available with vertical or horizontal text.

This is an action shot of Clare 'GLEDHILL' using my new Explorer style name stickers on her scooter -

I can produce name stickers to fit in the space you have available if my standard sizes are too large (at no extra cost) and have about 1800 fonts available if you would like something specific.

Keep an eye out for a 'Diver Test' on the SOLAS stickers.

Best regards,

Mark.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Do we say congratulations Mark :)

Hope it's all going well for you. I know all the signs I have had have been great. I recently did both my SMB's with the SOLAS ones just waiting to try them out now. One will even be going to the Redsea - I hope I don't need it :)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi,

you may have noticed the DIVESIGNS banner on the YD front page. I'm now an official YD advertiser.

In case you don't already know, I produce deluxe reflective name stickers, MOD stickers, Stealth stickers and SOLAS name stickers for DSMBs.

Here is a nice selection of DIVESIGNS on NeilH's gear -

The SOLAS sticker are available with vertical or horizontal text.

This is an action shot of Clare 'GLEDHILL' using my new Explorer style name stickers on her scooter -

I can produce name stickers to fit in the space you have available if my standard sizes are too large (at no extra cost) and have about 1800 fonts available if you would like something specific.

Keep an eye out for a 'Diver Test' on the SOLAS stickers.

Best regards,

Mark.

Someone should tell Clare she needa a Rebreather:p

Thats a joke buy the way, don't get confused by my sig line:)

Nice stickers by the way, I already have some

Reactions: Letz

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Are people sticking the SOLAS ones on both sides of their SMBs?

Cheers/Nic
I have Nic - I figured that according to Sods Law when it's laying inflated on the surface it will be name-side down and when it's erect (smutty snigger!:embarassed:) it will be facing away from the boat trying to identify me !

Mark's stickers are very good quality - he patiently helped me with some custom-sized stickers that were spot on. Highly recommended.

Cheers

Graham :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOLAS stickers..

Hi,

I would recommend that you put a SOLAS sticker on both sides of a DSMB to ensure your skipper will be able to see at least one of them.

I do buy 5 get 1 free sticker sets on the web shop to make marking all of your DSMBs a bit cheaper (assuming everyone has three like me).

A tip for the SOLAS stickers is if you only need two initials go for vertical lettering as it will be a bigger sticker and will be easier to read from distance. I use slightly taller and wider lettering on vertical ones.

Vertical works pretty well in general (horizontal is very good too).

Cheers,

Mark.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do we say congratulations Mark :)

Hope it's all going well for you. I know all the signs I have had have been great. I recently did both my SMB's with the SOLAS ones just waiting to try them out now. One will even be going to the Redsea - I hope I don't need it :)
Hi Fiona,

The SOLAS ones on a DSMB are a simple but very effective addition to your travelling dive gear. I hope you don't need it!

Best regards,

Mark.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi,

I would recommend that you put a SOLAS sticker on both sides of a DSMB to ensure your skipper will be able to see at least one of them.

I do buy 5 get 1 free sticker sets on the web shop to make marking all of your DSMBs a bit cheaper (assuming everyone has three like me).

A tip for the SOLAS stickers is if you only need two initials go for vertical lettering as it will be a bigger sticker and will be easier to read from distance. I use slightly taller and wider lettering on vertical ones.

Vertical works pretty well in general (horizontal is very good too).

Cheers,

Mark.
Thanks Mark, I will be ordering some later. What's the best way to remove a sticker from a cylinder? I recently purchased a secondhand twinset and I heard they can be quite a bugger to get off.

Cheers/Nic

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
. What's the best way to remove a sticker from a cylinder? I recently purchased a secondhand twinset and I heard they can be quite a bugger to get off.

Cheers/Nic
Nic I used a craft knife to remove the stickers which were on the set I bought from Mal

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
And bloody nice they are too. Aquasure is a b'stard, be careful what books you use to sandwich the stickers between. I glued one SMB to the inside of a dictionary.

Luckily, SWMBO knows I'm not that interested in spelling...:wink:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Mark, I will be ordering some later. What's the best way to remove a sticker from a cylinder? I recently purchased a secondhand twinset and I heard they can be quite a bugger to get off.

Cheers/Nic
WD40 and a finger nail works best. Wth all reflective stickers you will find that they peel off in layers and leave the glue behind on the tank/scooter/rebreather etc. You will cause minimal damage to the surface with WD40 and a finger nail. I marked the paint on my twinset when I tried removing an old NITROX band with a craft knife.

Cheers,

Mark.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
What exactly are the SOLAS stickers?

·
old time
6,658 Posts
What exactly are the SOLAS stickers?
Safety Of Life At Sea ... an approved and tested reflective tape that can be seen o lifejackets / liferafts & boats and of course suits.

I have never known it to be RADAR reflective,,,, a lot of fisherman use it on marker buoys around here , you can see it for 1/2 mile with a search light , but no target on radar.

Having bought a large reel of this from a liferaft servicing center at trade price..... I can say that these SIGNS are excellent value for money.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Solas..

Hi,

SOLAS tape is used worldwide to mark marine safety gear and it's US Coast Guard approved due to it's high reflectivity.

The tape is also very flexible and durable so it's perfect for what I'm doing with it.

As Andy has said it's not cheap stuff. In fact it is over double the price of my regular reflective vinyl. I had an option of getting at the same price but I needed to order 80 x 50m rolls of the stuff from the manufacturer!

SOLAS tape is not radar reflective. I have never suggested that it is. It's for close range visual identification (with your name on it) but the tape can be seen from up to two miles from the air with search lights (so I have read).

Cheers,

Mark.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Site updates..

Hi,

the option for

V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L

SOLAS stickers will be on the website later. The new 'Explorer' name stickers and KISS stickers will also be on there.

You can now get Explorer style MOD, Stealth and name stickers. I'm not doing it on the SOLAS stickers as too much of the SOLAS tape would be covered with black.

Cheers,

Mark.

·
Registered
780 Posts
And bloody nice they are too. Aquasure is a b'stard, be careful what books you use to sandwich the stickers between. I glued one SMB to the inside of a dictionary.

Luckily, SWMBO knows I'm not that interested in spelling...:wink:

Mine are fixed, as Mark now recommends, with the adhesive back of the sticker only. I carefully applied them, left under a book & weight for 48hrs and they have shown no sign of coming off as yet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
:teeth: JUST GOT MY SOLAS DSMB STICKERS, THEYRE IDEAL AND LIGHTNING QUICK DELIVERY........I RECOMMEND THESE ANY DAY.....DID GO FOR THE
V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L
OPTION TO RUN DOWN THE SMB....LOOKS THE DOGS WOTSITS! :teeth:

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
SOLAS tape is not radar reflective. I have never suggested that it is.
Look what you've started Reikimaster :rolleyes:
I was all set to scramble my F117 :p

Brill Mark. I shall be ordering soon :teeth:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts